Accenture Applied Intelligence, the people who love using data to tell a story. We're also the world's largest team of data scientists, data engineers, and experts in machine learning and AI. A great day for us Solving big problems using the latest tech, serious brain power and deep knowledge of just about every industry. We believe a mix of data, analytics, automation and responsible AI can do almost anything-spark digital metamorphoses, widen the range of what humans can do and breathe life into smart products and services. Want to join our crew of sharp analytical minds Visit us here to find out more about Applied Intelligence.
A data modeler who will be responsible for creating and maintaining conceptual, logical and physical data models and will be creating one or more data models depending on use cases including transactional, integration, data warehouse and analytical systems.
- Data modeler will have to work with the business team, comprising of stakeholders and analysts, and information technologists to understand data requirements for the program.
- Perform data profiling/analysis activities that will help establish, modify, and maintain a data model.
- Create conceptual data model to identify key business entities and visualize their relationships.
- Create detailed logical models identifying all the entities, attributes and their relationships along with the characteristics associated with each of those.
- Convert logical models to physical models for the databases in use and provide DDLs to the implementation teams.
- Create a taxonomy/data dictionary to communicate data requirements that are important to business stakeholders.
- Test the DDLs and ensure the models are deployed to all environments and are consistent.
- Lead and participate in design workshops to facilitate an understanding of business data needs and how they are mapped to the data model.
- Facilitate resolution of model conflicts created by competing business requirements.
- Partition data models into landing, integration, data mart, and reporting layers. Support review, sign-off and adoption of data models in collaboration with global businesses, architecture, and delivery teams.
- Articulating modelling principles to other modelers and business users.
Here's what you need:
- Bachelor's Degree or Associate's Degree or equivalent (minimum 12 years) work experience
- A minimum of 2 years of experience with SQL
- A minimum of 2 years of experience with Entity Relationship Models, Star Schema, Dimensional Modeling, and other Data Modeling Techniques and Methodologies
- Understanding of data storage and design impact of relational and NoSQL databases
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in Data Modeling tools such as ERWin, ER/Studio, PowerDesigner or other
- Experience working with Cloud projects
- Experience with Graph data modeling
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
For now, all Accenture business travel, international and domestic, is currently restricted to client-essential sales/delivery activity only.
Please note: The safety and well-being of our people continues to be the top priority, and our decisions around travel are informed by government COVID-19 response directives, recommendations from leading health authorities and guidance from a number of infectious disease experts.
Unless expressly indicated, this role is not open in the state of Colorado.
As required by theColorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, Accenture provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only , the range of starting pay for this role is $84,300 - $125,999 and information on benefits offered is here.
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
CA - San Francisco,GA - Atlanta,IL - Chicago,NY - New York,PA - Philadelphia,TX - Irving