- Work with Retail, Manufacturing, Pharmaceuticals, Financial Services organizations to understand business requirements to develop analytical models using techniques such as optimization, statistics and data mining models to achieve business growth and efficiencies utilizing Big Data and Analytics
- Conduct creative inquiry and analysis to support research projects related to data, datasets, and data mining and optimization applications using modeling and data management tools and visualization tools
- Support definition of solution and analytical methodology to address key client business issues
- Document and provide input to the design recommendations
- Collaborate with data producers and repository contributors to develop cost effective and efficient strategies and reliable data streams for managing data
- Develop dashboards using reporting technologies to develop automated system for on-going business operations
- Adhere to implementation guidelines and quality control procedures for projects
Read more of the job description
- Master's degree (or equivalent) in Data Science, Operations Research, Analytics, or closely related field of study.
- Experience in the following skills:
- Developing code analytical models using Python, SAS or R
- Visualization tools such as SAS, Tableau, Qlik or Excel VBA
- Developing dashboards and other reports to provide insights and summary view of data and analytical models
- Developing analytical models specific to the retail, financial services, pharmaceutical and other industries
- Developing data management or ETL code in SAS, SQL, Python or similar tools in order to prepare, filter and transform source data so that it can be used as input for fitting analytical models
- Writing complex SQL queries to efficiently retrieve data from relational databases such as Teradata, Oracle or SQL server
- Developing analytical solutions using data mining techniques such as segmentation/clustering on large databases using SAS, R or Python; and Designing methodologies for customer targeting for marketing analytics initiatives
- Have a passion for customer success.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills both technical and non-technical audiences
- Travel nationally/internationally per client needs, typically up to 25%.
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.