Thanks to a unique partnership with Accenture Interactive, we're able to do work that changes the world and Fjord is always looking for kindred spirits. Digital is no longer the centerpiece of brand experience; the emphasis is shifting onto how best to use it as an invisible enabler of physical and sensory experiences. As interactions with users evolve from periodic engagements via a screen to consistent, connected experiences, organizations must create new services that are deeply integrated in the physical world.
We are a family of Fjordians, our living culture and borderless playground provide us with space to thrive, following simple core values that inform everything we do. Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do.
At Fjord, Business Design is integral to the design process. The strategists, pragmatists, and creative thinkers on our Business Design team establish people-centric business strategies for our clients, fusing the practices of design and strategy to structure the business impact of design at a strategic, operational, and organizational level .
As a Business Design Director, you will be responsible for all business design activities within a studio or for large engagements (depending on the size of the studio), from quality of craft through to profitability and team performance. You'll liaise with other Business Design Directors across the region to facilitate knowledge sharing and inspire other teams. Design is the problem-solving paradigm of our age, and Business Design is our way of shaping and influencing the world.
Unleash the Fjordian inside because you are...
- Naturally engaging people at a deep level whether observing or interviewing customers, working with fellow team members, clients and channeling the inner creative
- A visual and verbal storyteller, delivering insights about people and behavior in a way that generates empathy, emotion, and engagement from the client and design team
- Comfortable with ambiguity in a fluid organization
- Ready to collaborate on products and services that change the way our clients do business creating service at scale
- Passionate about creating experiences that fuse physical and digital through research, analytics, design and delivery
A professional in this position, at this level within Accenture has the following responsibilities:
- Establish people-centric business strategies for our clients, fusing the practices of design and strategy to structure the business impact of design at a strategic, operational, and organizational level.
- Lead business design strategy and co-own the project vision. Manage business design relationships with partners and clients, owning multiple client relationships. Work in studio to develop best-in-class approaches and ensure consistency across projects.
- Ensure consistency and quality of the research and crafting of point of view across multiple projects and within the studio at large.
- Own client relationships beyond projects to ensure ongoing continuity and impact. Identify client needs and ensure there is a studio-based consistent approach across the project leadership.
- Nurture several teams across multiple accounts to produce insightful, fresh messages for our clients and colleagues such that you establish trust and contribute to thought leadership.
- Assume responsibility for profitability of the Business Design team and offerings across the studio.
- Nurture a network of colleagues and regularly share progress and insights, learning from each other, helping the whole team to do likewise, introducing and connecting people.
These are the minimum requirements for an aspirant to be considered for the position applying to:
- 10+ years' experience focused on client facing in a design agency or consulting firm
- 7+ years of thought leadership experience in exposure to multi-channel approaches and design areas including physical and connected
- 5+ years' experience in growth strategy focused on one or more of the following areas; market penetration, market and product expansion, diversity strategy
- 5+ years' experience demonstrated success leading multiple cross-discipline teams
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent (minimum 12 years) work experience.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in business or related field. Master's degree preferred.
- Experience with Excel and/or other analysis tools, PowerPoint, Keynote and/or Adobe Creative Suite for presentation purposes.
- Familiarity with InVision, Sketch, or other prototyping methods. Ability to learn how to use new tools in real time.
- Ability to communicate effectively and nurture mutually beneficial relationships with colleagues, clients, and partners.
- Experience conceptualizing and directing multiple team initiatives from start to finish, with evidence of business outcome.
- Mastery of the Business Design landscape, including but not limited to design intelligence, measurement, KPIs, organizational change, venturing, design storytelling, design thinking, culture change, coaching, business/investment case generation, and product management; evidence of fresh, original perspective.
- Mastery of Service Design and product design.
As required by theColorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, Accenture provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only , the range of starting pay for this role is $125,000 - $207,399 and information on benefits offered is here.
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
GA - Atlanta,TX - Austin,TX - Houston,VA - Arlington