Automation Control Specialist (Accenture LLP; Houston, TX): Accenture LLP has multiple openings for the position of Automation Control Specialist in Houston, TX, and the job duties are as follows:
- Design, test, develop, and configure control systems.
- Assist with the conceptual design of strategies for process control modifications and plant expansions.
- Implement code, execute system simulation, conduct operator training, and perform commissioning support.
- Provide engineering and technology consulting with department, business development team, and proposals team.
- Understand other aspects of automation, including electrical design, instrumentation design, and industrial IT.
- Configure various automation systems (such as process control systems, safety instrumented systems, and fire and gas systems), including development code, ability to specify hardware, and develop/modify graphics.
- Lead or assist in developing standards, procedures, training manuals, and other documentation for projects or internal use.
- Plan and execute system specification, design, architecture, and development.
- Promote and enforce standards, methods, and procedures to be used in the development and implementation of control system design, PLC/DCS programs, HMI configuration, communications, network & server system design, and industrial IT.
- Promote and enforce an engineering review process to ensure that established procedures are followed, and to facilitate inter-office collaboration on projects, including: project documentation, automation narratives, and operations manuals.
- Assist and/or lead initiatives to obtain organization certifications with CSIA, ISO, and other industry-recognized QA/QC quality programs.
- Create and develop drawings based on input from designers or engineers.
Must have a bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Controls Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electronic Engineering, or a related field, plus 3 years of experience in the operational technology consulting industry.
Of the required experience, 3 years of experience must be in each of the following:
- Industrial process automation;
- Systems integration;
- Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA);
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC); and
- Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES).
- C# Programming Language;
- Microsoft SQL Server;
- AspenTech IP.21.
To apply, please click the 'APPLY' button.
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.