Application Security professionals assess, define, implement and support world-class security, our clients, spanning simple IT projects to large-scale, enterprise-level transformation programs.
The Application Security Manager assesses, defines, implements participates in, and supports DevSecOps programs for Accenture clients. Engagements span from short assessments to large-scale, enterprise-level transformation programs. Collaborate with teams and aid in developing consultative solutions to implement client DevSecOps capabilities that enable secure product development in both on-premise and cloud environments. Participate in methodology and architecture security assessments and define solutions to produce tailored DevSecOps platforms inclusive of target state people, process, and technology operating models.
A professional at this position level within Accenture has the following responsibilities:
- Support our clients in achieving the benefits that DevSecOps can offer
- Contribute to/participate in the design and implementation of DevSecOps platforms, which covers areas such as integrating security into build automation, deployment automation, test automation, SDLC orchestration, environment management, monitoring, and production release procedures
- Participate in the assessment, architecture, design, and implementation of DevSecOps practices and solutions needed to build and operate security in the cloud
- Participate in the development of junior DevSecOps team members
- Promote DevSecOps culture in our clients
- Drive adoption of tools and practices as the client transitions to DevSecOps
- Ability to apply knowledge and experience in a waterfall development lifecycle where warranted
- Experience and ability to act in a consultative capacity with client personnel in addition to applying technical skills
Please note: The safety and well-being of our people continue to be the top priority, and our decisions around travel are informed by government COVID-19 response directives, recommendations from leading health authorities, and guidance from a number of infectious disease experts.
Read more of the job description
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in Application Security
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working on deployments to cloud
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with the following:
- Working with SAST, DAST, and/or Penetration Testing Tools
- Working in an Agile development environment, with an end-to-end understanding of the SDLC
- Hands-on experience with DevOps CI/CD tools such as Git, Jenkins, Ant/Maven/Gradle, Nexus/Artifactory, SonarQube, Puppet/Chef/Ansible
Bachelor's degree or equivalent (minimum 12 years work experience). If Associate's Degree must have equivalent minimum 6-year work experience.
- Cloud Certification (Practitioner, Security, Developer, Architect) - completed or in progress for higher levels
- Experience with at least one of the following: Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure
- Software application development experience, preferably Web application development
- Experience with Agile and/or DevOps methodologies
- Experience performing application security assessments such as threat modeling, security testing, and vulnerability management and remediation
- Software security frameworks and maturity models (BSIMM, OpenSAMM, etc.)
- Industry-recognized certification in security (e.g., CISSP, CSSLP, CASE, CEH, etc.)
- Bonus - Exposure to one or more of the following technologies: cloud computing, application containers such as Docker or OpenShift, Infrastructure-as-Code, microservices, identity and access management, secrets management such as HashiCorp Vault
- Degree/experience requirements: A Bachelor of Science in a technical concentration (Math, Engineering, Computer Science, Cyber Security) is preferred, but candidates with non-technical degrees or without degrees will be considered by demonstrating sufficient relevant experience in Information Technology and Security which supports the skills needed to execute this role.
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
AZ - Phoenix,CA - Los Angeles,CA - San Francisco,FL - St. Petersburg,GA - Atlanta,IL - Chicago,MN - Minneapolis,NY - New York,TX - Houston,TX - Irving,VA - Arlington,WA - Seattle