Role: Accenture GO Marketing Senior Manager - North America
Organization: Corporate Functions/Marketing + Communications
Location: US - Chicago, Atlanta, Boston, Dallas
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services - all powered by the world's largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 537,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com .
Overview of North America (NA) Marketing + Communications
The North America Marketing + Communications team shapes and activates marketing and communications strategies across the marketing lifecycle that fuel growth for Accenture's $20B+ North American market (United States and Canada). Its cross-functional team drives category brand positioning in the North American market, curates end-to-end client experiences to drive the local growth agenda, empowers and positions Accenture's leaders, and engages and inspires the company's North American people, recruits and alumni. It positions Accenture in the heart of local innovation, business and technology communities and champions programs for equality, inclusion and diversity within Accenture North America and the communities it serves.
This position will lead the creation of bespoke marketing strategies and approaches for some of Accenture's biggest and most complex deals across North America. Additionally, this role will lead a global core capability helping educate and grow the skillset and knowledge of the entire team. Collaboration and use of data and insights will be key to being a trusted advisor to sales and deal teams, helping them differentiate through a marketing strategy designed to win work.
Building and owning key executive relationships are critical to this role including:
- Leads of capabilities that complement sales support (e.g. Innovation Hubs)
- M+C colleagues including campaign, content, industry, capability, account-based and geographic marketing leads
- Sales leadership including Market Unit, Pursuit Services and deal-specific colleagues
The individual in this role must be a self-starter with strong executive presence and able to work collaboratively in a matrixed environment at all levels of the organisation. Must possess deep business acumen and be comfortable coaching business teams on high touch, high value marketing activities and plans.
- Ensure the most complex and important deals receive GO Marketing support early to best influence the deal by collaborating on prioritization of the pipeline with market unit sales lead.
- Grow capability responsible for across the M+C Sales team but especially GO marketing.
- Increase marketing differentiation across the sales lifecycle (Stage 0 - 3b).
- Enhance client perception of Accenture, differentiate Accenture from competitors, and create preference for our services and assets.
- Enable the business to help grow client relationships and conversations via social and digital channels.
- Increase efficiency and effectiveness of programs by applying best practice techniques and bringing innovation.
- Create industrialized, re-usable framework, assets and tools to improve speed to market while reducing costs.
Act as market unit liaison to the market unit sales and marketing leadership representing the full breadth and depth of the M+C Sales Marketing team strategy, services and performance.
- Serve as extended member of market unit M+C leadership team
- Partner with market unit M+C sales lead to educate and build awareness of M+C Sales capabilities, especially related to Accenture GO (e.g., present on calls, share tools and best practices)
- Proactively share M+C Sales outcomes (metrics and successes), specific to market unit with market unit M+C and sales leads.
- Own MMS data quality in your market unit, especially for GO with planned and potential opportunities for resource planning and management
- Facilitate messaging sessions with deal teams
- Make the complex simple, creating client-focused messages and using their preferred channels to drive differentiation
- Create compelling stories that bring together the clients' challenge, industry context, Accenture recommendation and client value proposition into an easily understood and memorable narration
- Develop/implement creative ways to tell the 'one Accenture' story.
- Manage multiple pursuits and stakeholders across various timelines.
- Deepening capability across full team
- Active engagement with Skills Success Squad
- SME for any deals needing capability expertise
- Coaching via Power Hour (quality and leadership early review for largest deals) as needed
- Owning relationships across Accenture for defined capability.
- Share best practices to help improve skill development and ability amongst team.
- Talent lead for one or more GO Marketers
- Coach and mentor mentality
- Build relationships with client-facing deal teams, coaching them on best practice sales and marketing strategy, tactics and implementation, to improve client relationships and win rates.
- Assist in planning of investments and manage operational budget items.
- Ensure that all global marketing policies and procedures are followed.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in integrated B2B marketing particularly client and opportunity centric marketing programs
- Leadership experience in B2B marketing in one or more areas including messaging, agency/creative, digital, social media and marketing analytics
- Must be agile and willing to jump in and execute deliverables when needed
- Overall program management skills, including excellent communication skills, are required to ensure production support and design activities are completed on time and on budget
- Ability to manage and coach executives
- Travel domestically and / or internationally, as needed on limited basis.
- Proven experience in marketing strategy development and planning
- Proven experience in message development
- Strong written and oral communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- Proven experience in marketing asset development
- Proven experience in B2B digital /social media marketing
- Proven experience in marketing analytics and performance improvement
- Proven experience leading high performing teams focused on innovation and client experience
- Broad overall business acumen, industry knowledge, knowledge of Accenture's areas of business
- Understanding and ability to originate and apply marketing concepts
- Ability to develop and apply creative solutions to complex issues
- Budget management
- Excellent customer service skills
- Executive presence and influence
- Ability to manage and build relationships in a matrixed environment
- Global perspective and understanding of local business marketplace
- Ability to work autonomously and independently, yet integrate appropriately within Marketing & Communications and other areas of Accenture
- Ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines and budgets
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
GA - Atlanta,IL - Chicago,MA - Boston,TX - Irving