Abaco Systems is an acknowledged leader in rugged embedded computing, especially in the military/aerospace market. Our products are used in hundreds of mission critical applications, where the performance and reliability we deliver can be a matter of life and death.
We're growing fast: we've added substantially to our organization in roles across the board - and that expansion will continue. We're also growing by acquisition. Our strategy puts our customers front and center of everything we do: their success will drive our success.
If you see yourself being part of a growing organization that's making a real difference in the world, Abaco Systems is for you.
Western Regional Product Sales Leader
This job can be located anywhere in the Western US
The Western Regional Product Sales Leader for Sensor Processing Products will be responsible for technical Sales to new clients and existing client base in the Western Region of the Americas. In this role, you will prepare complex bid documentation, pricing proposals and be responsible for creating and maintaining yearly forecasts. You will also manage a multiple account territory throughout assigned geographic region and travel to required customer locations to promote Abaco product based solutions.
- Prospecting for new Sensor Processing customers and business in addition to growing and maintaining the existing customer base, qualify new leads as well as cold calling to support a balanced sales funnel for future sales.
- Generate proposals, prepare sales quotations, plan customer meetings, and demonstrate product capabilities for assigned products in territory.
- Capture, understand, and clearly communicate customer requirements and accurately qualify program opportunities to build business cases to justify pursuit of Mil/Aero & Commercial Sensor Processing opportunities.
- Build and maintain a robust pipeline of Mil/Aero Products and System opportunities.
- Drive new Design Wins to ensure long-term revenue growth for Abaco in the Military/Aerospace & Commercial segments.
- Develop and maintain accurate forecast information and regularly report out on your status toward meeting orders plan.
- Work collaboratively with Sales, Business Development to identify target accounts/programs and close business related to Abaco Military/Aerospace & Commercial Product portfolio
- Sales negotiations and deal closure at the customer, interfacing with all key buying influencers such as direct users of the product, but also department heads and C Level Management.
- Support new Initiatives throughout geography and at Named Accounts - Aggressively adopt and support new products/solutions, initiatives, programs, webinars, seminars, and campaigns within assigned geography
• Develop and maintain product knowledge of Abaco Systems and competitive products.
• Responsible for meeting annual and quarterly bookings and revenue targets.Demonstrate progress to this goal through accurate monthly, quarterly, and yearly forecasting.by Prioritize selling time to generate sales volume, achieve account penetration, and complete territory coverage.
• Maintain post sale relationships and development of long-term customer relationships coupled with the ability to identify and help regional teams capitalize on All Abaco opportunities that satisfy customer needs.
• Develop and lead Sensor Processing account penetration and strategies with regional teams identifying key targets while communicating current market intelligence back to the business along with field concerns, issues, and requirements.
• Work closely with the internal Sensor Processing Team to develop execution of strategies and action plans to drive solution sales.
• Participate in professional trade shows and engage with industry thought leaders to generate awareness of Abaco Sensor & Image Processing technologies and services.
• Travel and interface with customers while maintaining and promoting teamwork keeping open communications within the Abaco Systems Inc
- BS Engineering or equivalent experience with minimum 5-10 years specific Market Knowledge.
- Proven track record of selling COT's (Commercial-Off the Shelf) Embedded solutions into military defense and commercial applications.
- 5 years of customer relations experience in either a sales or related customer support role
- Technical expertise in A/D, D/A, Imaging, FPGA, DSP, Video Graphics, Video Compression & Data Acquisition systems.
- Working knowledge of typical embedded applications such as radar, sonar, C4ISR, mission computing, targeting/tracking, SIGINT, electronic warfare, communications, to be considered.
- Proven track record of selling COTS embedded solutions into military, defense and commercial applications.
- Experience in working with customers at all levels within an organization
- Technical knowledge of Embedded Computing market and technologies, including SBC's, Switches, Multi-processors, I/O, Video/Graphics, Avionics, High Performance Embedded Solutions & Systems.
- Knowledge of COTS technologies including VME, VPX, CPCI, PMC, XMC, switched fabrics and real-time Operating Systems.
- Strong communicator with excellent presentation skills.
- Ability and availability to travel up to 70%
- Abaco will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the US. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Must be a US Citizen
• Sales background in Military/Aerospace, DOD, or Government Communications preferred
• Technical degree or equivalent experience
• Working knowledge of CRM tools (C4C)
• Demonstrated ability to work independently
• Committed to deliver action and results oriented
• Possesses effective Time Management Skills
• Strong Networking skills
• Strong problem solving skills and a high degree of creativity/resourcefulness
• Strong business acumen
• Competitive drive and determination
• Customer focused & strong interpersonal skills
At Abaco, we know that our people are our strength. We're a team with a common goal - and we're passionate about what we do, innovative, and open-minded. We're not just given responsibility - we're actively encouraged to make things happen. Oh, and - we have fun. If that sounds like your kind of organization - why not join us?
Abaco Systems prides itself on being an Equal Opportunity Employer.