Staff Hardware Design Engineer
Abaco Systems is an acknowledged leader in rugged embedded computing, especially in the military/aerospace market. Our products are used in hundreds of mission critical applications, where the performance and reliability we deliver can be a matter of life and death.
We're growing fast: we've added substantially to our organization in roles across the board - and that expansion will continue. We're also growing by acquisition. Our strategy puts our customers front and center of everything we do: their success will drive our success.
If you see yourself being part of a growing organization that's making a real difference in the world, Abaco Systems is for you.
Staff Hardware Design Engineer
Design, develop, and support next-generation FPGA and RF products in an exciting high growth market. The fast-paced Abaco RF&DSP team develops leading edge ruggedized ADC, DAC, and digital signal processing products as part of a global company providing turnkey and off the shelf solutions for the defense and science industries. New challenges arise every day that require sharp problem-solving skills of talented and smart individuals. Join us in a collaborative and hands-on environment that fosters engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation.
We are looking for highly motivated product support Hardware Electrical Engineers with design and debug skills, to help design and deploy our market leading product lines. You will engage in a collaborative, rapidly-changing environment to design and support groundbreaking new technologies that protect and aid discovery. This position will focus on test development, product sustaining, and technical support.
The applicant for this position will be responsible for:
- Design test platforms and procedures for new products.
- Generating and maintaining bill of materials.
- Sustaining engineering tasks, such as selecting and evaluation alternative components.
- Troubleshooting design and manufacturing issues.
- Participate in testing and qualifying prototype boards.
- Participate in design reviews.
- Integrating hardware in high-end systems.
- Training technicians on new test procedures.
- Technical support to customers.
- Other duties as directed.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or industry experience equivalent.
- Relevant experience for at least 3 years.
- Strong analog circuit and electrical engineering fundamentals. This means you have a deep understanding of why our discipline works the way it does; you've developed an intuition and can apply it to new topics because you understand the basics.
- Experience with hands-on hardware bring-up, debugging, and functional verification. Fluent with Oscilloscope, Signal Generators and Spectrum Analyzer.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a key member of a team, ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Highly organized and be able to multitask. Coupled with strong analytical ability, attention to detail will be instrumental to success.
- Experience with MS Office Suite and C++ programming, Design Capture and Layout tools.
- Experience with designing test setups and test procedures. Understanding of GPIB or equivalent test automation.
- Must be a US Citizen or permanent resident
- Competitive Salary, Full Benefits, 401K Matching, and Individual and Company Performance Based Bonuses.
- Offers based on experience and expected contribution levels.
- Excellent career path opportunities.
At Abaco, we know that our people are our strength. We're a team with a common goal - and we're passionate about what we do, innovative, and open-minded. We're not just given responsibility - we're actively encouraged to make things happen. Oh, and - we have fun. If that sounds like your kind of organization - why not join us?
Abaco Systems prides itself on being an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top