Abaco Systems is an acknowledged leader in rugged embedded computing, especially in the military/aerospace market. Our products are used in hundreds of mission critical applications, where the performance and reliability we deliver can be a matter of life and death.
We're growing fast: we've added substantially to our organization in roles across the board - and that expansion will continue. We're also growing by acquisition. Our strategy puts our customers front and center of everything we do: their success will drive our success.
If you see yourself being part of a growing organization that's making a real difference in the world, Abaco Systems is for you.
As part of our Infrastructure Team, this position is responsible for systems administration of internal and external Windows and Virtualized/Cloud infrastructure.
- Network implementation and maintenance
- Compliance and security
- Server builds, automation, system software and end user support
- Active Directory maintenance
- VMware, Sharepoint, backup and disaster recovery processes and many others.
You will be required to travel up to 25 percent of the time.
- 7+ years technical support including Systems Administration and/or Network Administration
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Azure
- Extensive experience with PowerShell
- Extensive experience with Active Directory including managing/maintaining several domains
- Expert knowledge of network protocols such as: DNS, SMTP, SNMP, SSH, SFTP.
- Working knowledge of Network and TCP/IP routing/subnetting, SAN and NAS connectivity
- Extensive knowledge of Cisco network equipment/IOS: routing, switching, and firewalls
- Extensive experience with VMware vSphere
- Advanced knowledge of Windows operating systems
- Extensive knowledge of Security Compliance
- Working knowledge of Cyber Security tools such as: Splunk, Qualys, DLP, McAfee
- Working knowledge of end user computing tools such as: SCCM, WSUS
- Working knowledge of monitoring tools such as: SCOM, Solarwinds, CISCO Prime
- Strong analytical and decision making abilities
- Able to build strong partnership with business partners and the project teams
- Takes responsibility for delivering superior value and client service
- Works well with people who have diverse abilities, experiences, and perspectives
- Influences others without direct authority
- Approaches opportunities and issues with an optimistic, action-oriented, and solution-based approach.
- Good writing skills to document plans and process
At Abaco, we know that our people are our strength. We're a team with a common goal - and we're passionate about what we do, innovative, and open-minded. We're not just given responsibility - we're actively encouraged to make things happen. Oh, and - we have fun. If that sounds like your kind of organization - why not join us?