Abaco Systems is an acknowledged leader in rugged embedded computing, especially in the military/aerospace market. Our products are used in hundreds of mission critical applications, where the performance and reliability we deliver can be a matter of life and death.
We're growing fast: we've added substantially to our organization in roles across the board - and that expansion will continue. We're also growing by acquisition. Our strategy puts our customers front and center of everything we do: their success will drive our success.
If you see yourself being part of a growing organization that's making a real difference in the world, Abaco Systems is for you.
Performs incoming inspections for QA team on production shop floor of mechanical and electronic components.
Essential Functions/Responsibilities - to explain the major duties performed in the job
- Mechanical inspection of incoming product from suppliers according to documented processes. Includes physical inspection and paperwork inspection to verify conformance to requirements.
- Requires demonstrated use of mechanical inspection hand tools and CMM.
- Mechanical inspection is performed on chassis and other machined parts based on drawing requirements using precision measuring tools
- Electronics inspection of incoming product from suppliers according to documented processes. Includes physical inspection and paperwork inspection to verify conformance to requirements.
- Electronics inspection will include verification of components to engineering records, documentation requirements, and counterfeit avoidance inspections.
- Identify and document results of inspections. Clearly communicating nonconformance's to specified requirements
- Able to access and interpret engineering drawings, specifications, purchase orders, statement of work and standards to determine quality status.
- Good organization skills and Microsoft Office software to accurately document and maintain associated paperwork and inspection results in a consistent and timely fashion
- Provide QA floor support activities including participating in cost out activities, additional data collecting and maintaining Quality data storage
- Identify and communicate continuous improvement opportunities for the quality program for customers internal and external.
- Perform final inspection of completed product as needed.
- High School diploma/GED, or college degree.
- Strong electronics and mechanical background , minimum 3-years' experience
- Familiar with military or aerospace industry Inspection practices and standards
- Requires demonstrated use of mechanical inspection hand tools and CMM
- Requires demonstrated use of optical inspection equipment (Microscope)
- Requires demonstrated use of basic Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Blue print reading skills
- Experience working in a quality assurance organization
- Strong self-discipline and integrity
- Knowledge of manufacturing methodologies, Industry Standards, and Regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of solid modeling or similar CAD software.
- Team oriented with good written and verbal skills
- Experience with ISO 9001, AS9100 or equivalent QMS standards
- Certified to IPC-A-610, J-STD-001, or demonstrated equivalent expertise
- Experience performing electrical inspections of printed circuit boards per IPC standards.
- Conformal Coating inspection experience
At Abaco, we know that our people are our strength. We're a team with a common goal - and we're passionate about what we do, innovative, and open-minded. We're not just given responsibility - we're actively encouraged to make things happen. Oh, and - we have fun. If that sounds like your kind of organization - why not join us?
Abaco Systems prides itself on being an Equal Opportunity Employer.