Abaco Systems is an acknowledged leader in rugged embedded computing, especially in the military/aerospace market. Our products are used in hundreds of mission critical applications, where the performance and reliability we deliver can be a matter of life and death.
We're growing fast: we've added substantially to our organization in roles across the board - and that expansion will continue. We're also growing by acquisition. Our strategy puts our customers front and center of everything we do: their success will drive our success.
If you see yourself being part of a growing organization that's making a real difference in the world, Abaco Systems is for you.
Product Manager - Systems and I/O
- Interfacing with Customers to define systems solutions
- Define next generation Modular IO product portfolio developed by IO Engineering team
- Define market messaging & offering for next generation IO Products
- Propose/define new technology direction aligned with customer requirements
- Participate in and review bids and proposals in response to RFP's and RFQ's
- Accountability for decisions on NPI investments
- Pricing and margin responsibility for product portfolio
- Working with engineering during system development to meet customer requirements
- Ownership for achieving sales and design win objectives for the product line
- Coordination with sales and marketing teams to ensure product line is promoted in market place
- Leadership in coordination with interfacing organizations such as manufacturing, sourcing, and technology
- End of life strategy based upon product health and mix within the product portfolio
- Provide sales support and training
- Analyze product reports on product line and business performance
- Manage Legacy VME IO Product Portfolio
- Work with production teams to manage VME I/O portfolio through external CMs
- Must be a US citizen or US permanent resident
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, from an accredited college or university (MBA preferred)
- Mechanical, systems or electrical design experience
- 5-8 years of experience with technical project development, including costing management, schedule management, and trade off studies, or
- 3-5 years of experience creating, positioning and marketing Rugged COTS products in Product Management
- Ability to build and justify multi-year business cases to the product management team and investment board
- Strong oral, written, interpersonal, and customer communication skills
- Familiarity writing requirements with Military Standards
- Direct product line management experience
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of the organization and external customers
- Ability to create positive outcomes in an influential leadership position without direct reports
- Experienced in managing relationships with customers and suppliers and interfacing with leadership within the company
- Experience with product concept definition and MVP launches
- Experience of Embedded Electronics
- Familiarity with MIL-STD-810G, DO-160, DO-178, DO-254
- Familiarity with ABACO SYSTEMS Mil/Aero procedures and process, relating to product commercialization
- Self-starter, inclusive, highly motivated individual
- Working knowledge of typical embedded military applications such as radar, sonar, C4ISR, mission computing, targeting/tracking, electronic warfare, communications and EO/IR technologies.
At Abaco, we know that our people are our strength. We're a team with a common goal - and we're passionate about what we do, innovative, and open-minded. We're not just given responsibility - we're actively encouraged to make things happen. Oh, and - we have fun. If that sounds like your kind of organization - why not join us?
Abaco Systems prides itself on being an Equal Opportunity Employer.