Abaco Systems is an acknowledged leader in rugged embedded computing, especially in the military/aerospace market. Our products are used in hundreds of mission critical applications, where the performance and reliability we deliver can be a matter of life and death.
We're growing fast: we've added substantially to our organization in roles across the board - and that expansion will continue. We're also growing by acquisition. Our strategy puts our customers front and center of everything we do: their success will drive our success.
If you see yourself being part of a growing organization that's making a real difference in the world, Abaco Systems is for you.
MANUFACTURING ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN
REQUIREMENT: Candidates MUST have previous experience maintaining SMT machines including Screen Printers, Component Placement machines, Reflow ovens, AOI, and selective solder equipment to be considered for an interview.
Maintaining production machinery through preventative maintenance, repairs, calibration, and identifying spare/repair parts as required. Provide programming/software, electro-mechanical support of manufacturing equipment during PCB assembly process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Experience maintaining/repairing/calibrating electronics production machinery, such as surface mount, AOI, conveyors, ovens, selective soldering etc. (Juki, Yestech experience a plus)
- Read electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic schematics
- Electromechanical trouble shooting skills to determine root cause, repair implementation and testing
- Hands on position requiring excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Assist in debug of equipment programs for placement equipment, AOI and other various pieces of production equipment.
- Requires skill for process improvements and a solid working knowledge of IPC Workmanship standards.
- Must have an understanding of BOM structures
- Minimum of High School Diploma; electrical license/journeyman a plus
- Knowledge of AC, DC voltage, small motors, sensors and pneumatics
- Minimum of Five (5) years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with Surface Mount machinery or Selective soldering equipment (operation, maintenance and calibration)
- Good working knowledge of computers, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access
- Handle multiple tasks
- Must be able to read, speak and write English
At Abaco, we know that our people are our strength. We're a team with a common goal - and we're passionate about what we do, innovative, and open-minded. We're not just given responsibility - we're actively encouraged to make things happen. Oh, and - we have fun. If that sounds like your kind of organization - why not join us?
Abaco Systems prides itself on being an Equal Opportunity Employer.