Hardware Test Engineer - HSV
Abaco Systems is an acknowledged leader in rugged embedded computing, especially in the military/aerospace market. Our products are used in hundreds of mission critical applications, where the performance and reliability we deliver can be a matter of life and death.
We're growing fast: we've added substantially to our organization in roles across the board - and that expansion will continue. We're also growing by acquisition. Our strategy puts our customers front and center of everything we do: their success will drive our success.
If you see yourself being part of a growing organization that's making a real difference in the world, Abaco Systems is for you.
Hardware Test Engineer
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% as required.
- US citizen or green card holder.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Work in a team environment to plan/execute all phases of product test development/deployment.
- Possess strong troubleshooting/debug skills and ability to mitigate/resolve issues during product test development cycle.
- Perform engineering debug tasks with standard lab debug tools (oscilloscope, signal generator, spectrum analyzer, multi-meter, etc.).
- Design/Procure/Fabricate test fixtures and stations for use in product test.
- Create/Maintain/Document/Troubleshoot, TestStand/Labview test programs for use in product test.
- Generate test requirements to drive the development of application test software
- Evaluate/Recommend/Implement automated test tools and strategies
- Lead review meetings for test development/deployment at milestones.
- Lead effort determining root cause of failures that occur during validation/qualification cycle.
- Support/Coordinate with cross-functional teams ensuring test solutions meet customer requirements.
- Reduce risk and promote sustainability by utilizing and driving test/process standardization.
- Perform qualification and design validation testing of products, inclusive of the following:
- Planning, requirements, procedures, etc.
- Execution of EMI/ESD, Shock, Vibration, Thermal Vacuum, Thermal Cycling, etc.
- Involvement in all aspects of product and test development ranging from design and requirements analysis, through prototype generation and testing, to final design validation and documentation.
- Train manufacturing in the execution of production acceptance tests.
DESIRED WORK EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 10 years of experience in validation/qualification of test solutions for ruggedized products.
- Minimum 5 years of experience interacting directly with customers/product owners/project managers.
- Experience developing test plans/procedures and testing rugged electronic assemblies to RTCA DO-160, MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-704, and MIL-STD-810.
- Experience using the Windows/Linux operating systems.
- Experience with C/C++ software development.
- Experience using scripting languages: Python, Expect, BASH, and TCL.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate desire and ability to work outside of the known areas of expertise.
- Highly motivated, with the ability to make decisions and solve problems with minimum supervision.
At Abaco, we know that our people are our strength. We're a team with a common goal - and we're passionate about what we do, innovative, and open-minded. We're not just given responsibility - we're actively encouraged to make things happen. Oh, and - we have fun. If that sounds like your kind of organization - why not join us?
Abaco Systems prides itself on being an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top