- Austin, TX
Abaco Systems is an acknowledged leader in rugged embedded computing, especially in the military/aerospace market. Our products are used in hundreds of mission critical applications, where the performance and reliability we deliver can be a matter of life and death.
We're growing fast: we've added substantially to our organization in roles across the board - and that expansion will continue. We're also growing by acquisition. Our strategy puts our customers front and center of everything we do: their success will drive our success.
If you see yourself being part of a growing organization that's making a real difference in the world, Abaco Systems is for you.
We are looking for a talented individual with expertise in digital hardware for our Advanced RF and DSP Product Line. The Candidate will be part of a team designing compact and ruggedized board level products using FPGA technology and high speed A/D & D/A devices.
The applicant for this position will be responsible for:
- Identifying product requirements.
- Design power supply, digital and analog circuitry with high speed, high performance Xilinx FPGAs
- Specifications and schematics capture.
- Layout constraints and guidance.
- Generating and maintaining BOM.
- Designing CPLD and FPGA firmware (optional).
- Testing and qualifying prototype boards.
- Integrating hardware in high-end systems.
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Relevant hardware design experience for at least 5 years.
- Should have experience with high speed differential lines and serial interfaces.
- Should have experience designing with FPGAs (preferably Xilinx Kintex/Virtex series).
- Strong in understanding high speed signaling and signal integrity.
- Excellent understanding of analog and digital electronics is required.
- Ability to design FPGA/CPLD logic in VHDL is a plus.
- Fluency in Mentor Graphics Xpedition DxDesigner is required
- Must be a US Citizen or permanent resident
At Abaco, we know that our people are our strength. We're a team with a common goal - and we're passionate about what we do, innovative, and open-minded. We're not just given responsibility - we're actively encouraged to make things happen. Oh, and - we have fun. If that sounds like your kind of organization - why not join us?
Abaco Systems prides itself on being an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top