Abaco Systems is an acknowledged leader in rugged embedded computing, especially in the military/aerospace market. Our products are used in hundreds of mission critical applications, where the performance and reliability we deliver can be a matter of life and death.
We're growing fast: we've added substantially to our organization in roles across the board - and that expansion will continue. We're also growing by acquisition. Our strategy puts our customers front and center of everything we do: their success will drive our success.
If you see yourself being part of a growing organization that's making a real difference in the world, Abaco Systems is for you.
We are looking for a talented individual with expertise in digital hardware for our Advanced RF and DSP Product Line. The Candidate will be part of a team designing compact and ruggedized board level products using FPGA technology and high speed A/D & D/A devices.
The applicant for this position will be responsible for:
- Identifying product requirements.
- Design power supply, digital and analog circuitry with high speed, high performance Xilinx FPGAs
- Specifications and schematics capture.
- Layout constraints and guidance.
- Generating and maintaining BOM.
- Designing CPLD and FPGA firmware (optional).
- Testing and qualifying prototype boards.
- Integrating hardware in high-end systems.
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Relevant hardware design experience for at least 5 years.
- Should have experience with high speed differential lines and serial interfaces.
- Should have experience designing with FPGAs (preferably Xilinx Kintex/Virtex series).
- Strong in understanding high speed signaling and signal integrity.
- Excellent understanding of analog and digital electronics is required.
- Ability to design FPGA/CPLD logic in VHDL is a plus.
- Fluency in Mentor Graphics Xpedition DxDesigner is required
- Must be a US Citizen or permanent resident
At Abaco, we know that our people are our strength. We're a team with a common goal - and we're passionate about what we do, innovative, and open-minded. We're not just given responsibility - we're actively encouraged to make things happen. Oh, and - we have fun. If that sounds like your kind of organization - why not join us?
Abaco Systems prides itself on being an Equal Opportunity Employer.
See Inside the Office of Abaco Systems
Abaco Systems is the global leader in open architecture embedded systems. The company’s 800-plus professionals offer unwavering focus on customer success through market-leading commercial and custom product creation. Abaco’s lifecycle management programs are made to increase efficiency, contributing to client savings and allowing initiatives to reach deployment stages sooner.
Back to top