Electronic Debug Technician (Weekend Shift)
Abaco Systems is an acknowledged leader in rugged embedded computing, especially in the military/aerospace market. Our products are used in hundreds of mission critical applications, where the performance and reliability we deliver can be a matter of life and death.
We're growing fast: we've added substantially to our organization in roles across the board - and that expansion will continue. We're also growing by acquisition. Our strategy puts our customers front and center of everything we do: their success will drive our success.
If you see yourself being part of a growing organization that's making a real difference in the world, Abaco Systems is for you.
ELECTRONIC DEBUG TECHNICIAN - WEEKEND SHIFT
• Perform product testing and utilizing Environmental Stress Screening (ESS) equipment and methods
• Perform functional Level Board Test utilizing software controlled test platforms in MS Windows and Linux operating systems
• Debug electronic circuit card assemblies using engineering documents and boundary-scan tools (i.e. JTAG), specifically using Asset-InterTech hardware.
• Meet daily and help manage Aged Work-In-Process (WIP)
• Follow and enforce all Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) guidelines
• Work as a team member evaluating trend data and drive root cause corrective action when needed
• Work during shift work hours of 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM Friday through Sunday, with possible overtime opportunities
• High School Diploma / GED
• Minimum of 3 year prior experience testing electronic circuit card assemblies.
• Minimum of 1 year experience reading technical documents and following procedures for testing electronic circuit card assemblies.
• Minimum of 1 year experience interpreting schematics, component data sheets and product manuals.
• Must be able to use Microsoft Word and Excel at a basic level to perform test data recording and tracking requirements.
• Must have a good working knowledge of high speed bus structures and power supply operational theory.
• Must be able to perform basic hardware installation/removal tasks using screwdrivers or other small hand tools as may be required before and after testing.
• Must have basic understanding and capability to use a digital multi-meter to perform resistance and impedance measurements.
• Prior experience testing products utilizing the VME, VPX, or Compact PCI hardware platforms.
• Prior experience testing or debugging complex microprocessor-based assemblies on Intel, Power PC, or ARM platforms.
• Knowledge of Six-Sigma or Statistical Process Controls (SPC) training or equivalent Quality training.
• Prior experience testing RF circuit card assemblies.
• Prior experience testing with Boundary-Scan tools (I.E. JTAG) specifically using Asset-InterTech hardware.
• Prior experience testing copper or optical fiber networking products.
• Prior experience utilizing environmental chambers for board level assembly and systems testing.
• Prior knowledge and experience utilizing in system device programming tools such as Altera, Lattice or Xilinx.
At Abaco, we know that our people are our strength. We're a team with a common goal - and we're passionate about what we do, innovative, and open-minded. We're not just given responsibility - we're actively encouraged to make things happen. Oh, and - we have fun. If that sounds like your kind of organization - why not join us?
Abaco Systems prides itself on being an Equal Opportunity Employer.
See Inside the Office of Abaco Systems
Abaco Systems is the global leader in open architecture embedded systems. The company’s 800-plus professionals offer unwavering focus on customer success through market-leading commercial and custom product creation. Abaco’s lifecycle management programs are made to increase efficiency, contributing to client savings and allowing initiatives to reach deployment stages sooner.
Back to top