Electronic Debug Technician (Weekend Shift)
Abaco Systems is an acknowledged leader in rugged embedded computing, especially in the military/aerospace market. Our products are used in hundreds of mission critical applications, where the performance and reliability we deliver can be a matter of life and death.
We're growing fast: we've added substantially to our organization in roles across the board - and that expansion will continue. We're also growing by acquisition. Our strategy puts our customers front and center of everything we do: their success will drive our success.
If you see yourself being part of a growing organization that's making a real difference in the world, Abaco Systems is for you.
ELECTRONIC DEBUG TECHNICIAN - WEEKEND SHIFT
• Perform product testing and utilizing Environmental Stress Screening (ESS) equipment and methods
• Perform functional Level Board Test utilizing software controlled test platforms in MS Windows and Linux operating systems
• Debug electronic circuit card assemblies using engineering documents and boundary-scan tools (i.e. JTAG), specifically using Asset-InterTech hardware.
• Meet daily and help manage Aged Work-In-Process (WIP)
• Follow and enforce all Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) guidelines
• Work as a team member evaluating trend data and drive root cause corrective action when needed
• Work during shift work hours of 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM Friday through Sunday, with possible overtime opportunities
• High School Diploma / GED
• Minimum of 3 year prior experience testing electronic circuit card assemblies.
• Minimum of 1 year experience reading technical documents and following procedures for testing electronic circuit card assemblies.
• Minimum of 1 year experience interpreting schematics, component data sheets and product manuals.
• Must be able to use Microsoft Word and Excel at a basic level to perform test data recording and tracking requirements.
• Must have a good working knowledge of high speed bus structures and power supply operational theory.
• Must be able to perform basic hardware installation/removal tasks using screwdrivers or other small hand tools as may be required before and after testing.
• Must have basic understanding and capability to use a digital multi-meter to perform resistance and impedance measurements.
• Prior experience testing products utilizing the VME, VPX, or Compact PCI hardware platforms.
• Prior experience testing or debugging complex microprocessor-based assemblies on Intel, Power PC, or ARM platforms.
• Knowledge of Six-Sigma or Statistical Process Controls (SPC) training or equivalent Quality training.
• Prior experience testing RF circuit card assemblies.
• Prior experience testing with Boundary-Scan tools (I.E. JTAG) specifically using Asset-InterTech hardware.
• Prior experience testing copper or optical fiber networking products.
• Prior experience utilizing environmental chambers for board level assembly and systems testing.
• Prior knowledge and experience utilizing in system device programming tools such as Altera, Lattice or Xilinx.
At Abaco, we know that our people are our strength. We're a team with a common goal - and we're passionate about what we do, innovative, and open-minded. We're not just given responsibility - we're actively encouraged to make things happen. Oh, and - we have fun. If that sounds like your kind of organization - why not join us?
Abaco Systems prides itself on being an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top