Abaco Systems is an acknowledged leader in rugged embedded computing, especially in the military/aerospace market. Our products are used in hundreds of mission critical applications, where the performance and reliability we deliver can be a matter of life and death.
Our strategy puts our customers front and center of everything we do: their success will drive our success.
If you see yourself being part of a growing organization that's making a real difference in the world, Abaco Systems is for you.
With a team of 700 highly skilled people, Abaco Systems is a market leader in open architecture computing and electronic systems for aerospace, defense and industrial applications. Spun out of GE in 2015, we combine the attitude and customer focus of a start-up with 30 years of experience delivering rugged embedded computing products and solutions. With an active presence in a significant number of national asset platforms on land, sea and in the air, Abaco Systems is trusted where it matters most. You can learn more about Abaco Systems at www.abaco.com .
Our plans are very ambitious-and very achievable. To get where we want to be, Abaco needs our people to be the best of the best. We seek people who are on top of their game -but who also bring with them the following key attributes:
- Unwavering commitment in ensuring that we offer the industry's best customer experience
- A belief that ethics, integrity and honesty are the fundamental building blocks of any great business
- To be free - encouraged to-bring new ideas to the table and take responsibility for seeing them through
- To value working with others of the same caliber - smart, talented, committed
- And finally, want to work for a company that is going places and that will be a great place not just for a job - but a career
About the Role
- The candidate will work with a team to design, develop, and validate embedded Single Board Computers (SBC), Ethernet Switches, I/O, and Sensor Processing cards. Duties may include research, evaluation, simulation and analysis, debug, troubleshooting, board bring up, and writing validation software and scripts. Support of existing products will also be required at times.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 10% as required.
- US Citizen or green card holder.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering from an accredited university or college.
- Work as part of an engineering team to design and develop SBC's, sensor processing modules, and I/O products following established development processes.
- Create derived requirements by working with product management and other engineers.
- Create and update schematics.
- Create, update, and debug FPGA firmware.
- Perform signal integrity analysis.
- Support interfacing organizational disciplines such as mechanical, software, test, customer support, and product management.
- Review customer feedback and test performance to make required updates to the current prototype and production designs.
- Prepare source, binary, and documentation files for use in a manufacturing environment.
- Understand basic networking concepts such as IP addressing, firewalls, and routing.
- Release final product into production, and support project manager with closing out internal process deliverables.
- Troubleshoot/debug issues that come up during validation testing, and drive quick resolution.
- Write engineering test SW to validate and regression test HW designs.
- Eligible to work on ITAR projects (US citizen or green card holder).
- Prior experience using Mentor Graphics Schematic Capture and Layout tools.
- Experience troubleshooting and debugging hardware.
- FPGA Design experience in Verilog or VHDL.
- Experience using Linux and Windows Operating Systems.
- Experience with low-level software development (C/C++ preferred).
- Experience with scripting languages.
- Experience with standard lab debug tools (oscilloscope, signal generator, spectrum analyzer, multi-meter)
- 1-5 years of electrical engineering design experience. Position is available to new graduates
- Experience with Xilinx and Altera FPGA development tools.
At Abaco, we know that our people are our strength. We're a team with a common goal - and we're passionate about what we do, innovative, and open-minded. We're not just given responsibility - we're actively encouraged to make things happen. Oh, and - we have fun. If that sounds like your kind of organization - why not join us?
Abaco Systems prides itself on being an Equal Opportunity Employer.