You're Probably Starting Negotiations Wrong—and 11 Other Things to Know Now
Every week, we gather our favorite resources on career advice, smart living tips, and ways to have a little more fun in life and compile it all into our famous Best of the Web newsletter. And now, we’re bringing it out of our inboxes and onto the web—just for you!
Love what you see? Make sure to share Best of the Web with your friends!
Want to make sure you never miss out on any of the action? Sign up for our newsletter now!
- You Are Almost Certainly Starting Salary Negotiations Wrong (Quartz)
- In Defense of the Meeting (99U)
- Personal Branding is a Leadership Requirement, Not a Self-Promotion Campaign (Forbes)
- Operation Resignation: 6 Steps to Ensure a Graceful Departure (The Daily Muse)
- 16 Little-Known Google Calendar Features That’ll Make You More Productive (HubSpot)
- Are You Unnecessarily Severe With Yourself and Your Habits? (Psychology Today)
- 3 Things to Watch Out for When Booking a Vacation Online (The Simple Dollar)
- 9 Must-Dos for Your Career and Life This Spring (The Daily Muse)
- 14 Charts That’ll Help You Look Like a Wine Expert (The Huffington Post)
- The Worst Internet Things Bracket (SB Nation)
- 10 April Fool’s Day Pranks for the Office That (Probably) Won’t Cost You Your Job (Bustle)
- 30 Heart-Stopping Quotes From the World’s Most Inspiring People (The Daily Muse)
Lily is a writer, editor, and social media manager, as well as co-founder of The Prospect, the world’s largest student-run college access organization. In addition to her writing with The Muse, she also serves as an editor at HelloFlo and Her Campus. Recently, she was named one of Glamour’s Top 10 College Women for her work helping underserved youth get into college. You can follow Lily on Twitter.More from this Author