The temperatures are starting to rise (OK, maybe for some people), the snow is starting to melt (a little debatable), and it’s really starting to feel like spring is just around the corner.
While the traditional idea of “spring cleaning” may not seem like your style, it can mean more than just mopping your floors and finally donating some unwanted items that’ve been sitting in the back of your closet. It’s a great time to go through your life and your career to figure out what you’d like to do differently as you enter the next part of the year.
Need a little help? Here are nine things in your life to get in order before the warmer weather arrives.
- Tax season is upon us, so get your finances figured out by downloading an easy-to-use budget app. (The Financial Diet)
- Ever dreamed of Inbox Zero? Here’s how to clear thousands of emails out of your inbox ASAP. (Lifehacker)
- A couple of small edits to your LinkedIn profile will leave you feeling ready to network with anyone. (Mashable)
- Want to challenge yourself as the weather heats up? Take the 50 coffee meetings challenge. (Both Sides of the Table)
- Make it a point to find new ways of de-stressing and enjoying life more. (Marc and Angel Hack Life)
- Consider changing up how you organize your schedule, like trying out time blocking, to seriously increase your productivity. (Cal Newport)
- Speaking of productivity, make it a goal this spring to get really good at finishing your to-do lists. (Zen Habits)
- Spend a weekend learning a job-boosting skill or two. (Fast Company)
- Looking for a job this spring? Clean up your resume with these 45 quick fixes that’ll get you noticed. (The Muse)