The Best Tricks for Getting in the Zone at Work
Hot Jobs on The Muse
You’ve probably experienced a state of flow—one of those times when you feel like you’re on a roll and effortlessly have an outpouring of brilliant work. From writing a string of insightful blog posts to performing at the top of your game like an Olympian, finding flow is essential to maximizing the quality of your work in a concentrated amount of time.
Unfortunately, simply “finding” it is a little harder than it sounds—and it varies a lot from person to person. For some people, this feeling of “being in the zone” only happens late at night, and for others, after a dose of artistic inspiration.
Luckily, there are ways to improve your chance of getting into that flow state. We’ve scoured the web and found the best ways to help you find your flow when you need it.
- Knowing that flow is the “perfect balance of boredom and anxiety” helps you adjust how to approach the task at hand. (99U)
- Discover some ways to think about flow that will help you make adjustments in your day-to-day. (LinkedIn)
- See the checklist of what “being in the zone” really means—and how to get there. (Pick the Brain)
- Learn about what it takes to quickly get into this mental state of hyper-productivity. (DeskTime)
- Check out some tips to help you not just get a burst of creative energy, but sustain it. (Quora)
- Figure out ways you can find your rhythm and get the most of out work time. (Anne Samoilov)
- Better yet, aim for the “Goldilocks State” of flow. (Michael Taft)
- Too much on your mind? Try these meditation tips to calm yourself—and be prepared to achieve flow more often. (Huffington Post)
Found flow reading these articles? Get more inspiration from our articles below.
- 7 Ways to Break Out of a Creative Rut
- The Secret to Creativity and Productivity
- 5 Ways to Declutter Your Mind and Regain Your Focus