The Best Advice for Hiring Like a Boss
Getting ready for a big hiring push in the new year? We know that being the interviewer can be nearly as much pressure as being the interviewee. After all, you're the one in charge of determining if the person in front of you would be the right fit for your company.
Whether you've never interviewed someone in your life or you just want to sharpen up your game, we've got your back. We've collected some of the best advice from around the web on how to master the interview and find the perfect new employee.
- Never hired anyone before? Start with this great e-book that will give you advice on everything from which questions to ask to the rules of following up with candidates. (CareerBuilder)
- Knowing the qualities of a good interviewer is important in the hiring process. (LinkedIn)
- Understanding your shortcomings is also critical. (99U)*
- Read about how the folks at Google think about the questions they ask. (SavvySugar)*
- Learn some of the interview questions you really should be asking. (The Muse)
- Make sure to include these six questions to find the rock stars of the bunch. (Inc.)
- Consider using tests to screen out candidates before interviewing them. (HBR)
- Keep these 10 tips for hiring great employees in mind. (SmartBlog)
- And remember: Interviewing takes constant practice and iterating. If it doesn't feel right the first time, learn from it, and adjust! (Cindy Alvarez)
The Daily Muse is the daily publication of The Muse, your ultimate career destination that offers exciting job opportunities, expert advice, and a peek behind the scenes into fantastic companies and career paths. Learn more, contact us, and find us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.More from this Author