In the workplace, a little positivity goes a very long way (especially in the early morning or at the end of a very long day). But obviously, being positive doesn’t just mean bouncing around the office with a smile on your face all the time.
So, how can you be a ray of sunshine at your company without going overboard? We scoured the web for our favorite resources on how to pack some positivity into your office.
- If you doubt the power of positivity, you have to check out this list of why it’s totally awesome. (Huffington Post)
- Before you start trying to bring more happiness into your workplace, make sure you understand the science of being happy. (New York Times)
- Did you know that rearranging your workspace can totally alter not just your performance, but the mood of the entire office? (Fast Company)
- Here’s a little brain teaser for you: It turns out that negative thinking at work can actually produce really positive results. (Lifehacker)
- Using certain words in the office can have a major impact on your mood and your productivity. (Business Insider)
- There’s a right way and a wrong way to be thankful, and the difference can turn what would be a good experience into a bad one. (Forbes)
- What can you do if you work somewhere that is so utterly negative that you don’t think you can turn it around? This. (PickTheBrain)
- There’s a huge difference between positive thinking and positive action—and not understanding the difference could be costing you in a big way. (The Guardian)
Need some more help being positive? Check out our suggestions!
- The Happy Secret to Better Work
- 4 Ways to Stay Sane in a Toxic Office
- Feeling Frustrated? How to Stand Up for What You Need at Work
Photo of okay hand courtesy of Shutterstock.