9 Ways to Get Yourself in the Zone When You're on a Tight Deadline
It’s the final countdown!
No really, you have a very short period time until your deadline—and you have a lot of work to get done. How can you get yourself pumped? Try one (or all) of these tips to psych yourself up and power through before the buzzer sounds.
- Hey, people don’t listen to “Eye of the Tiger” all the time for nothing. Check out these 30 songs to get focused and excited to finish your project. (Lifehack)
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help if you’re cutting it close and need an extra hand. (Forbes)
- Don’t allow yourself to procrastinate or get off-task by getting rid of every possible distraction around you. Yes, that means logging off Facebook and temporarily turning off your phone. (Marissa Bracke)
- Desk restlessness is a real thing, so consider doing your work somewhere other than your cubicle. (Fast Company)
- Even within a single task, it’s important to prioritize—especially if you’re on a deadline. Let’s face it: Some parts of this project are more crucial than others. (Marie Forleo)
- By changing how you feel about the project you’re completing, you can completely change how quickly and efficiently you finish it. (Psychology Today)
- Need to get in the zone faster? Try one of these quick six strategies for setting yourself up for success. (ThoughtStuff)
- Try these 12 exercises that you can do in the office to get your blood pumping. (The Washington Post)
- Uh oh, you’re going to miss your deadline. Here’s how to handie it. (The Daily Muse)
Photo of deadline courtesy of Shutterstock.
Lily is a writer, editor, and social media manager, as well as co-founder of The Prospect, the world’s largest student-run college access organization. In addition to her writing with The Muse, she also serves as an editor at HelloFlo and Her Campus. Recently, she was named one of Glamour’s Top 10 College Women for her work helping underserved youth get into college. You can follow Lily on Twitter.More from this Author