It’s no secret that a large portion of the population absolutely despises talking in front of a crowd. But, unfortunately, public speaking is a big part of being a productive member of the workforce.
So, how can you get better at it? We searched the web for some of the best tips and tricks for becoming the most stellar public speaker around.
- All getting over your loathing of public speaking takes is reframing the three major fears that people associate with it. (Toastmasters International)
- When it comes to overcoming a fear of presenting in public, it’s important to remember that you’re not alone. (Business Insider)
- People often forget that public speaking involves the ability to tell a really, really great story. (Entrepreneur)
- If you’re not sure where to start with your speech, learn the anatomy of a fantastic presentation. (DailyWorth)
- Take note of other speakers (nice excuse to spend time watching dozens of TED talks) and think to yourself, what are their vantage points? How do they react to hundreds (or thousands) of eyes on them? (Psychology Today)
- A lot of times, public speaking isn’t just about speaking; it’s about making sure your visual aids are great, too. (Forbes)
- Introverts, rejoice: You, too, can become a totally awesome public speaker! (Jonathon Colman)
- Once you get used to speaking in public, it’s time to start thinking about how you’re coming across to your audience. One technique to try? The HAIL method. (Lifehacker)
- You know how people always say not to repeat yourself? It’s time to stop listening to that logic. (Inc.)
Want some more public speaking help? Check out our suggestions!
- How I (Finally) Got Over My Fear of Public Speaking
- Speak Easy: Tips for Public Speaking like a Pro
- 4 Qualities of Amazing Public Speakers