We’ve all had days when we’ve woken up, gone to work, and immediately thought, “Wow, I absolutely cannot get my head in the game today.” You’d probably love to just head back home and spend the rest of the day watching a House of Cards marathon, but that’s not really a viable option for most people.
So, how do you get in the zone when you’re feeling totally out of it? Below are nine super-useful resources to help you get motivated and focused in a jiffy.
- What does it even mean to get in the zone? It turns out that your brain is doing something totally different when you’re really on your game. (Fast Company)
- In other words, getting in the zone isn’t about increasing willpower; it’s about balancing stillpower . (99U)
- Sometimes the trick to getting your head in the game is being more emotional about the work that you’re doing. (Harvard Business Review)
- Another daunting part of getting focused is feeling like you need to dedicate all of your attention to a very difficult task. By breaking down this myth, you’ll find yourself much more engaged. (Officevibe)
- Avoiding disctractions is a huge part of getting focused. But this is a lot easier said than done . (ThoughtStuff)
- Perhaps all you need is a really inspirational playlist to get your mind re-engaged. (Mashable)
- It may seem strange, but chewing gum can actually help you become more alert by increasing various areas of cognition in the brain. (Futurity)
- Even if you’re working in a cubicle, creating a connection between your body and your mind is crucial for gaining focus. (Forbes)
- A fun little tool called Coffitivity could be all you need to get to that perfect state of mind. (The Daily Muse)