9 Nighttime Habits That'll End Your Long, Stressful Workday on a Better Note
There are plenty of articles out there about how to start your day on the right side of the bed, but what about doing the same before you fall asleep? Take a look at these nine awesome activities to add to your nighttime routine to help you reflect, wind down, and sleep better than ever.
- Pretend you’re Benjamin Franklin and ask yourself this important question: “What good have I done today?” (Parade)
- Check out these 17 tips for making your bed the coziest place ever. After all, you can’t have a good night’s sleep if you’re not excited about where you’ll be sleeping. (BuzzFeed)
- Avoid decision fatigue in the morning—especially if you’re not a morning person—by planning your next day the night before. (Buffer)
- Know this: You don’t just need an alarm clock to wake up; you need one to tell you when to go to bed, too. (Lifehacker)
- Create a sleep ritual, like turning off your phone or at least turning off the push notifications. (Joel Gascoigne)
- Pay attention to your sleep hygiene, like closing the blinds, avoiding eating or drinking a lot before bed, and making yourself comfortable. (National Sleep Foundation)
- Read one of these 21 books before bed to relax and get ready to sleep. (Oyster)
- Decompress with a simple to-do list before bed. (99U)
- Try this two-minute breathing exercise to calm your mind. (The Daily Muse)
Photo of stars courtesy of Shutterstock.
Lily is a writer, editor, and social media manager, as well as co-founder of The Prospect, the world’s largest student-run college access organization. In addition to her writing with The Muse, she also serves as an editor at HelloFlo and Her Campus. Recently, she was named one of Glamour’s Top 10 College Women for her work helping underserved youth get into college. You can follow Lily on Twitter.More from this Author