People talk about following a passion like it’s something easy to do.
However, when you’re choosing to quit your full-time job for an entirely new career, sacrificing precious free time to take on a side gig, or going public with something you really care about, the path to following your dreams is easier said than done.
Good news: We rounded up lots of awesome advice to think about before you start moving forward with the whole “follow your passion” thing.
- Want to achieve any dream? Try following one (or all) of these 34 one-sentence rules to keep yourself on track. (The Financial Diet)
- Cal Newport preaches that instead of following your passion, you should try cultivating it. (The Minimalists)
- Most people don’t actually end up doing what they’re passionate about, so what’s stopping them? Here are the top seven reasons—and how to get past them. (Lifehacker)
- One important thing to consider: Is there any way your true interest can help you change people’s lives? This thinking exercise gives you clarity. (Quartz)
- If you’re going to take the leap of faith, you’re still going to have to do some serious planning before you jump. (The Empowered Dollar)
- Make sure you understand that changing your life trajectory to fulfill your career fantasy definitely won’t be easy. (Elephant Journal)
- Really not sure if quitting your job is the right thing? You should absolutely consider these 15 key decisions. (Financial Samurai)
- Despite the large number of think pieces saying that this is bad advice, here are seven reasons why it can be empowering. (Lifehack)
- Still trying to figure out what your passion actually is? This step-by-step guide can help. (The Daily Muse)