When you need to build confidence in a jiffy, sometimes the good old “fake it ’til you make it” strategy just won’t cut it. Different things work for different people, and trying to be something you’re not might just leave you feeling awkward or like a fraud.
Need a little help getting a self-esteem boost as you take on your next professional endeavor? These resources should seriously help you out.
- First and foremost, for the naysayers: Confidence really does matter and can make a gigantic difference in what happens throughout your life. (Lifehacker)
- Appearances do make a difference , so throw on that snazzy blazer that makes you feel sharp or take a couple of extra minutes to get your makeup right. (Pick the Brain)
- A quick smile can instantly make you feel less afraid and more ready to take on anything. (Psychological Science)
- Even if you feel small, taking up more physical space can make your self-esteem grow, too. (Medium)
- Confidence is a muscle and, for it to perform well, you need to practice using it reguarly . (Fast Company)
- Changing the way you phrase your self talk can dramatically alter how you feel about yourself and your abilities. (Forbes)
- Here’s a quick confidence booster: Most of the time, people aren’t even paying attention to you when you make a mistake. (Psychology Today)
- Have a weird ritual that immediately gives you a self-esteem boost? You should totally keep doing it . (Scientific American)
- Understanding that you don’t need to be born confident can boost your self-esteem on the spot. (The Daily Muse)