Socializing with your co-workers in a non-work setting can be tricky (as Elliott Bell proved during a particularly rough karaoke experience ). How do you walk the fine line between fun and party-hardy, between colleague and friend?
Lucky for you, we searched far and wide on the web to gather a few tips for having a good time and keeping things SFW at office functions outside the cubicle.
- There is in fact a science to how much you should socialize with your co-workers—make sure you don’t overstep. (Forbes)
- Not sure whether socializing with your boss outside of work is a good career move? There are several things to consider . (AwesomeTechs)
- Ah, and now the big age-old question: Is there any benefit to getting romantically involved with a co-worker? (Business Insider)
- Sometimes standing or sitting around can turn an office happy hour into a room of high school cliques; keeping the transitions going is crucial to actual bonding. (Fast Company)
- And remember: Happy hours don’t have to just stay in the office . There are plenty of cool ways to bond with co-workers that don’t include awkwardly nursing a gin and tonic in the break room. (Social Driver)
- In fact, it turns out that the company that sweats together stays together. (U.S. News)
- Above all, there are nine toxic co-workers to avoid , especially during social situations with other colleagues. (For example, who ever likes talking to the office politician?) (Business Know-How)
Want more tips for office interaction? Check out our suggestions!
- 7 Deadly Co-worker Sins to Avoid at All Costs
- 5 Situations to Avoid at Office Happy Hour
- Style Dilemma: What Do I Rock at Happy Hour?