No matter what someone in your network does for you—set you up with an informational interview, review your resume, give you life-changing advice—he or she always deserves a proper thanks.
But we all can get a little tired of the traditional thank you note —especially if what the person did for us is worthy of at least a little bit more recognition.
So, if you want to go above and beyond for the person who went above and beyond for you, here are 18 great gift ideas that’ll only cost you $10 at the most.
(Just remember: Even an awesome gift needs a nice letter to accompany it.)
1. The Mindfulness Coloring Book: Anti-Stress Art Therapy for Busy People by Emma Farrarons, $9.95
Give the person who fit you into her busy schedule proper reward with this stress-relieving coloring book .
2. Homegrown Monogram Mug , $8
Add a personal touch to a simple, yet thoughtful gift.
3. Experience Passport Journal , $9.95
If travel is all you both talked about when it came to non-job-search stuff, inspire her to make moves with this journal.
4. Starbucks Gift Card , $5-10
Or any gift card works, as long as it’s relevant to something you know he likes.
5. 100 Tricks to Appear Smart in Meetings: How to Get by Without Even Trying by Sarah Cooper, $10.19
Does the person have a good sense of humor? Then think about this one that applies to anyone with a job. Not sure about the humor? Try any book you chatted about that you think he would enjoy.
6. Idiom Bookmark , $9
And, because books were such a popular topic of conversation, give her something she can always use.
7. See’s Dark Chocolate Balls , $7.30
Nobody forgets the person who buys him chocolate. Nobody.
8. “You Are Truly Appreciated” Candies , $4.95
Or any candy, for that matter.
9. Tea , $9.50
For a little extra something (or, if he or she already has tons of tea), get him or her this awesome tea tin for only $6!
10. Poppin Business Card Holder , $4
For the person who always has his business card at the ready—comes in all different colors!
11. Grammar Pencil Set , $9.47
Perfect for if you both geeked out about writing during your coffee date.
12. Monogram Trinket Dish , $10
A little trinket dish that can sit on her desk and remind her how awesome her network (a.k.a., you) is.
13. “My Brilliant Ideas” Matchbook Notebook , $6.95
To write down all those brilliant ideas she mentioned in your meeting.
14. “You’re the Best” Mug , $9.99
Corny? Sure—but this mug will remind the person that he made a difference (and deserves a coffee moment).
15. Personalized Bullet Journal , $6
For the person who always says she wishes she journaled but never gets around to it.
16. Bath Bomb , $7.95
Because everyone deserves a bubble bath after saving the day.
17. “Do Not Disturb” Notebook , $4.99
For the big thinkers and advice givers.
18. Monogrammed Leather Keychain , $5
Add a little bit of classiness to your thanks that he can take with him.
As an Associate Editor for The Muse, Alyse is proud to prove that yes, English majors can change the world. She calls many places home, including Illinois where she grew up and the small town of Hamilton where she attended Colgate University, but she was born to be a New Yorker. In addition to being an avid writer, Alyse loves to dance, both professionally and while waiting for the subway.More from this Author