10 Songs That Will Get You Through Monday
Countless studies have proven the effects that music can have on a person’s mood. Whether you’re feeling down in the dumps or frustrated over a seemingly unsolvable problem, the right melody can fix just about anything.
So, why not employ some of the benefits of a good tune on the one thing that we office dwellers dread most? That’s right: Monday. To help you beat that case of the Mondays, here’s a playlist to help you get through every (painful) hour of the day.
1. When You Need a Reminder That You’re Not the Only One Who Hates Mondays
“Manic Monday” by The Bangles
This 1980s classic pretty much sums up how most of us begin the week.
2. When You Question Who, Exactly, Decided That Weekends Should Only Be Two Days Long
“Authority Song” by John Cougar Mellencamp
All the resistance in the world will not change the fact that Monday morning means getting back to the daily grind.
3. When You’ve Had Your Coffee and You’re Ready to Get Down to Business
“I’m Ready” by Jack’s Mannequin
A little caffeine goes a long way. Your to-do list better watch out!
4. When You’ve Hit Your Workday Stride
“I Feel it All” by Feist
So upbeat that you won’t be able to keep yourself from smiling all day long!
5. When You Hang Up With a Client Who’s Also Having a Case of the Mondays
“Don’t Worry, Be Happy” by Bobby McFerrin
Of course, it wouldn’t be a Monday without an angry client or boss—but don’t worry. It happens to the best of us.
6. When Tasks Become Overwhelming
“Be Okay” by Ingrid Michaelson
Step away from the work. After a long lunch or a brief chat with a work buddy, we know you’re going to be OK.
7. When You Feel Like You’re Not Going to Make it Through Your Post-Lunch Coma
“Gotta Get Thru This” by Daniel Bedingfield
This jam can help to keep you motivated through any midday rut.
8. When You Need a Push to Power Through the Afternoon Hours
“Break on Through” by The Doors
Jim Morrison truly knows how to get you through those seemingly endless workdays.
9. When it’s 4 PM
“Getting Better” by The Beatles
Because, with each passing hour, you’ve got to admit it’s getting better.
10. When You’ve Checked the Last Item Off Your To-Do List
“Good Vibrations” by The Beach Boys
At the end of the day, you can head home feeling good—and get ready for Tuesday.
Hailing from Philadelphia, Kathryn Amrhein works in higher education doing fundraising for her alma mater, Temple University. Some of her extracurriculars include being a novice triathlete and half marathoner, movie and TV buff, improv newbie, and quizzo player extraordinaire.More from this Author