Position Summary...Why do our members choose to purchase fruits & vegetables at Sam's Club? Our members tell us one of the biggest reasons is they get quality & fresh food at low cost. As a part of our produce team, you'll make important decisions about the quality of the produce that members and their families eat by ensuring availability, cleanliness and freshness. You will be in the front-lines of customer service - your smile makes a difference and you can help enhance the member's shopping experience. Come, be a part of a team that offers our members more for less.
You will sweep us off our feet if:
• You have a passion for and experience with produce
• You keep member satisfaction as your top priority
• You are comfortable with change and quickly adapt to different work scenarios
• You're a curious and creative thinker, driving change through out-of-box thinking
• You can communicate effectively and positively influence team members
• You will lead by example
You will make an impact by:
• Maintaining a positive attitude by smiling, greeting and thanking members
• Providing exceptional customer service to members across the club as needed, answering any questions they may have
• Maintaining a clean, neat, and member-ready area
• Receiving & stocking merchandise in an organized manner
• Maintaining inventory so that there is no out of stock and over-stock products
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full job description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
What you'll do...
- Be a Team Member: Maintains up-to-date knowledge of the products; collaborating with cross functional teams and helping educate other associates on tools, tasks, and resources; communicating effectively and developing interpersonal skills for providing customer service; and being flexible to the needs of the business to work in other areas, tracking goods, maintaining in-stock levels, and controlling shrinkage in a timely manner.
- Be an Expert: Understands the processes and specifications related to quality of various types of produce merchandise (for example, taste, preparation method or use, seasonality); preparing (trim, crisp, package, scale) products according to established standards; maintaining product safety and following company sanitation guidelines; and adhering to applicable laws, regulations, and company policies related to produce quality.
- Be a Techie: Leverages digital tools to drive sales, improve the shopping experience, and elevate associate engagement; utilizing hand held technology to make immediate business decisions related to production, training, and product quality with the member in mind; adapting to new tools and encouraging others to use them.
- Be an Owner: Drives the performance of the area; utilizing digital tools; using perpetual inventory management techniques to stock and rotate department products; ensuring quality and date control standards; eliminating waste; guiding peers and providing attention to customer needs; assisting customers according to company policies and procedures.
- Be a Talent Ambassador: Being an advocate for the department and the club by valuing the member's experience in meat area and modeling high quality service and products; executing the basics at highest possible level of quality; and exhibiting energy, commitment, and passion for the work.
- Complies with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; using the Open Door Policy; and applying these in executing business processes and practices.
- Completes work assignments and priorities by using policies, data, and resources; collaborating with managers, co-workers, customers, and other business partners; identifying priorities, deadlines, and expectations; carrying out tasks; communicating progress and information; determining and recommending ways to address improvement opportunities; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
I acknowledge that the position for which I am applying requires me to successfully complete all job required trainings and assessments within a prescribed time period if I receive the position.
Must be 18 years of age or older
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Primary Location...1000 KAMEHAMEHA HWY STE 100, PEARL CITY, HI 96782-2596, United States of America