Client Service Coordinator/Representative
Being a successful and engaged Client Services team member at VSC is crucial to the overall health and success of patient care. Client Services team members are the liaisons between our medical support staff and the referring community. Exercising compassion and excellence in communication is essential to providing quality client and patient care. Our Client Services team’s focus is to enhance the overall experience while providing a standard of care based on our hospital’s five core values.
First impressions are everything. This starts from the first point of contact, in person or by phone, through discharge and follow-up care. Active listening, understanding, and follow through in communication allow our staff to satisfy all facets of the client and patient experience. An amazing employee will complete every task diligently and understand its importance to the overall quality of care.
Client Service team members play a vital role in the hospital. Fully understanding the position and growing with the hospital allows for further personal growth and opportunities. Through a willingness to learn and continued growth, Client Service team members have the opportunity to be considered for additional responsibilities as part of VSC’s leadership team.
Client Service team members work with every department in the hospital. As a Client Service team member, it is important to know and understand each department in order to enhance the overall teamwork atmosphere while providing clear communication to both clients and primary care providers.
Compassion is key to working with clients and the referring community. At VSC we understand that clients are emotional regarding their pets and most of the time are making difficult family decisions. Compassion should always be the driving force behind every interaction with a patient, client, or coworker. Doing your job with love means being empathetic, careful, and honest.
Think before you act and speak! If there is doubt that an action could go against our core values, rethink it or ask for advice. Be honest and be safe.
Simply put, following these core values makes for an employee that is honest, caring, patient, hardworking, involved, and always willing to improve.
Job description for Client Service Coordinators
Client Service Coordinators at VSC assist in scheduling client appointments, coordination of patient transfers, invoice entry, as well as review of patient care plans and payments with clients. As a coordinator, attention to detail is important in ensuring accurate record keeping and follow-through with clients and primary care providers. Excellence in communication and thorough documentation allows our hospital to provide the best care possible. As an extension of the client’s primary care provider’s already existing care, our doctors and staff are able to provide quality client service and patient care in a kind and comforting environment.
Job Description for Client Service Representatives
The ideal Client Service Representative should be a self-motivated, hard worker with strong multi-tasking skills while being able to maintain accuracy, efficiency, and exceptional service at all times under stressful and distracting conditions. Strong written and verbal communication skills are necessary while operating a multi-line phone system and communicating with doctors and clients who are in the hospital. Confidence with computers and learning new software programs is required. Candidates must be comfortable discussing euthanasia and cremation services with grieving clients as well as taking accurate payments for medical treatments while conveying value to the client.
Knowledge and Skills for Both Positions
- Independent, self-motivated, hard worker able to multitask and perform duties without supervision
- Ability to consistently provide professional, efficient and attentive client service by recognizing and meeting client and patient needs
- Must collaborate well with multiple departments, doctors and staff while maintaining a positive outlook and professional composure
- Clearly communicate within a team environment with efficient and accurate follow through
- Be honest and trustworthy while being discreet with confidential and sensitive information
- Receptive to receiving constructive criticism with the ability to accept responsibility or take ownership in order to improve
- Capable of directly communicating with coworkers, doctors, and management in order to avoid triangulated conversations (gossip)
- Comfortably and confidently uses a computer and specialized software
- Ability to effectively manage a multiline phone system
- Capability to type/keyboard at least 40 wpm
- Take an active interest in people, medicine and patient care
- Resourceful, well organized and able to demonstrate attention to detail
Education and Experience Requirements for Both Positions
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred, or the equivalent of education and experience that provides the required skills, ability and knowledge
- Medical background with medical terminology training is preferred
- Client service and or medical office experience required
A variety of full time shifts are available and employees are needed seven days a week on various shifts. We offer a wide range of benefits including:
- 401K Matching
- Health, Dental, Vision, FSA/HSA
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Figo Pet Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Reduced Health Club Membership Fee
Meet Some of Veterinary Specialty Center's Employees
Dena M.CVT, VTS, Internal Medicine
Dena specializes in internal medicine, working as part of a team to help animals that have chronic—and often complicated—conditions requiring expert attention.
Back to top