Seeking passionate PHP developers
You will be part of a team that delivers a best-in-class experience for our audience. If you are an energetic problem solver who is comfortable wearing many hats and getting stuff done right the first time, this may be the right fit for you.
What we are looking for in you:
If you like the idea of building innovative and custom features, improving and advancing existing features, and ensuring operational excellence for a company whose core mission is to help people find the best solutions for their ongoing health problems, you should talk to us.
We are looking for strong problem solvers to help us tackle the big and the small, including projects such as:
- Re-launching our doctor directory with new features and a fresh look.
- Creating custom Drupal modules while leveraging a common code base (Drupal profile/distribution) that streamlines development across multiple sites.
- Flexible, snapshot-able VirtualBox where you can get your hands dirty with our efficient 4-layer caching system on a LEMP stack, all without blowing up a production server.
- Crafting and testing site features fork desktop and mobile to improve traffic metrics and advertising revenue.
- Creation of an author portal, media asset management utility, and an automated advertising system.
- Enhancements to our new forums system in (Vanilla Forums).
You can check out our custom doctor finder (leverages the Views module)—http://www.spine-health.com/doctor—to see how we are using PHP and Drupal 7 in innovative ways to achieve our business goals.
HTML/CSS (we use HTML 5 and CSS 3)
Familiarity with a content management system, ideally Drupal, Joomla, or WordPress (we currently use Drupal 7)
Linux (CentOS 6)
VirtualBox (Used for sandbox & development environments)
Website optimization (front and backend caching): Varnish, Memcache, APC
Git code revision system (or similar)
Mobile web development (RESS)
We want to talk to you if you:
- Are a confident, independent problem solver
- Enjoy the freedom and flexibility to manage your own work time—and have the self discipline to meet deadlines
- Thrive in an environment that values thorough research of possible paths, scalable long-term solutions, and good documentation
- Are looking for a full-time employee position with an entrepreneurial but established, stable, and highly profitable company
- Seek a reasonable work/life balance—no travel or 80-hour work weeks expected (well, possible, but rare)
We have immediate openings for a talented developer to add to our small team of developers and designers.
Meet Some of Veritas Health's Employees
Online Marketing Director
Mark focuses on increasing web traffic and advertising revenue, working with a variety of teams on projects which grow the visibility and effectiveness of Veritas Health’s websites.
Back to top