We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
At Uber, Insurance is an integral part of our business -- it dictates our ability to operate, expand into new geographies, and open new lines of business. Our Uber Claims Advocates likewise have a key role in driving the success of our operations. Working in collaboration with our insurance carrier partners, Claims Advocates help ensure that we are delivering exceptional service to our partner drivers and customers.
Claims Advocates at Uber are exposed to a broad variety of claims involving Uber operations throughout the US and Canada (and internationally, on occasion). This includes 1st and 3rd party auto bodily injury claims (ranging from low to high severity and complexity), auto property damage claims, and general liability claims. The role interacts with claimants, drivers, passengers, attorneys, insurers, and third party claims administrators throughout the claims management process.
You will be located in our Phoenix, AZ office (central downtown location) and report to a Claims Lead.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Investigate, triage and tender newly reported claims to appropriate insurance carrier partners for handling;
- Serve as a resource to carrier partners to ensure that they have robust/validated information early in the claims process to make accurate/timely coverage, evaluation and resolution decisions;
- Communicate with claimants, drivers, passengers, witnesses, etc. as appropriate to obtain information critical to the claims handling process;
- Advocate on behalf of partner drivers, customers and claimants to ensure they are receiving exceptional claims service;
- Manage an inventory of claims to ensure proper claims handling throughout the life of the claim in collaboration with our insurance carrier partners;
- Engage in claims roundtable discussions with insurance carrier partners;
- Establish and monitor claims action plans to ensure carrier claims handling fulfills obligations per regulatory requirements and Uber expectations; and
- Actively participate in global Claims projects/initiatives to drive Uber's success.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent;
- Minimum 5 years experience handling bodily injury liability claims of at least moderate severity (high severity claims handling experience strongly preferred);
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Strong collaboration bias, including effective influencing/persuasion skills;
- Exceptional attention to detail; and
- Strong Claims IQ, with the drive and curiosity to gather information, analyze facts, challenge norms, seek the truth, and bring claims to a timely and effective resolution
About the Team
The Claims team provides exceptional customer service through a variety of communication methods. The team also interacts with claimants, drivers, riders, attorneys, insurers, third party claimants, claims administrators, and internal teams to ensures optimal handling of claims throughout the process.
Back to top