Business Development Manager
- Schaumburg, IL
A Business Development Manager is responsible for identifying sales leads, pitch goods or services to new clients and maintain a good working relationship with new clients.
Duties and responsibilities
• Identifies and generates new business; develops and delivers partner and vendor presentations.
• Develops vendor and partner relations including but not limited to sales leads, research, cold calling, qualifying lead and developing leads.
• Maintains and develops vendor relations for new and established existing vendors, assuring all existing vendors are contacted regularly to ensure satisfaction and develop need-based marketing relations.
• Develops partner and vendor program documentation including but not limited to presentations, and internal paperwork for new and existing vendors
• Develops and maintains vendor and partner eco system
• Develops and implements a vendor and partner action plan with objectives and strategies to increase revenue and aggressively acquire new business opportunities
• Seeks/creates opportunities to expand business with current vendor and clients; identifies further business needs and develops and presents solutions.
• Grows existing vendors to full potential and generates maximum revenue on a long-term basis.
• Develops, implements, and maintains procedures that enhance the efficiency of the business development team.
• Attends conventions, conferences, and trade shows as needed; prepares post-event reports and analysis.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
• Relationship Building
• Solutions Selling
• Technology Mindset
• Closing Skills
• Motivation for Sales
• Prospecting Skills
• Sales Planning
• Selling to Customer needs
• Presentation Skills
• Meeting Sales Goals
• Continues to develop knowledge of industry
• 3+ years of work experience as a business development manager, sales executive or a relevant role
• Proven track record
• Proficiency in Salesforce
• Strong Communication and negotiation skills
• Ability to build rapport
• Time management and planning skills
• Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time, including as a driver or passenger in an automobile.
• Ability to utilize a computer keyboard, computer monitor, and telephone for prolonged periods of time.
• Ability to visit and move around at construction and other work sites, including the ability to maneuver in tight or small places.
• Ability to lift, carry, and otherwise transport work-related materials that frequently weigh up to 25 lbs. and that may occasionally weigh in excess of 25 lbs.
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work
• Travel is required
What We Offer
• Competitive base salary
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Coverage
• Short Term, Long Term and Life Insurance
• Unlimited PTO
• Paid Holidays
• 401K Safe Harbor
Back to top