Water Program Manager
- San Jose, CA
We’re in the business of limitless potential. From iconic designs to monumental ground breakings, we believe the best solutions are the product of diverse perspectives.
By managing capital programs and projects as if they were our own, our project management business, and technical experts work with clients to strategize, plan, and implement projects that help them achieve their organization’s objectives. Our award-winning team has managed thousands of projects across all sectors — hospitals, airports, and entire university campuses; infrastructure like mass transit and water-treatment facilities; and energy and resource assignments, from mines to wind farms.
Join an award-winning team of program and project management specialists that are passionate to bring transformational project solutions to life.
Stantec is seeking a Water Program Manager to be located in San Jose, CA.
The Program Manager ensures adherence to the mission and objectives of the Program. He or she has oversight over the integrated City and Consultant Team delivering the City’s current 10-year $1.4 Billion wastewater treatment upgrade program at the San Jose-Santa Clara Regional Wastewater Facility (RWF).
The Program Manager works oversees all services provided by an integrated the City and Consultant Team, including but not limited to: general program and project management services (scheduling, cost controls, risk management, change management, document control, interface management, engineering management etc.), preliminary design, subject matter expert technical support on projects, regulatory support (CEQA and various other permit documents), technical studies to support planning and design efforts, procurement, construction management, operations & maintenance liaison, operations and maintenance readiness, project and program delivery strategy, funding strategy and training/knowledge transfer. The Program Manager is responsible to track and manage delivery performance (cost, schedule, quality) on each Project and the overall Program. He or she will work collaboratively with an integrated consultant/client staff based in the client’s office at the RWF, nea r Alviso in San Jose.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Advising and assisting the City in the development, management and execution of the Program.
- Overseeing the work of a multi-disciplinary city, consultant and sub consultant team.
- Serving as a trusted Advisor to the City and working as part of an integrated City/Consultant Leadership Team.
- Assisting the City with putting in place and implementing a robust governance structure to ensure adherence to a rigorous approach to project and program management.
- Pro-actively identifying client needs and programmatic initiatives required to address potential program delivery risks and challenges.
- Assisting the client in development of its staff through implementation of best practices, training classes and knowledge transfer.
- Developing, negotiating, and managing consultant services authorizations for program management services.
- Preparing or overseeing preparation of various reports for the client and the company.
- Reviewing consultant and contractor submittals including technical and contractual documents.
- Providing programmatic and technical support related to City Council and other City Committee meetings.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- PE registration required.
- Must be able to demonstrate good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to convey program and project delivery needs to the City and to formulate those needs into comprehensive proposals.
- Must demonstrate organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- The position involves work associated with critical infrastructure; therefore, a client background check is required.
- Strong technical understanding of wastewater treatment required.
- MS in Engineering or MBA preferred.
- PMP / PgMP (PMI) preferred.
- Design-Build Professional (DBIA) preferred.
- Knowledge of California water/wastewater regulations desirable.
- Local (San Francisco Bay Area) water/wastewater experience desirable.
- California PE license preferred.
Education and Experience
- BS in Engineering, Environmental Science, or related field required.
- 20+ years’ experience the management of large water/wastewater projects/program, including 10 years involving the management of a team involved in the planning, design and/or construction of utility infrastructure.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top