We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving—whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
An opportunity exists with Stantec as a Transportation Project Engineer in our Dallas office. We are seeking a highly-motivated person who will work closely with Stantec’s project managers on the planning and development of transportation infrastructure including major arterials, complex limited access highways, and tolled facilities throughout Texas
Your Key Responsibilities
- The position's qualifications include the ability to communicate effectively in English (verbally and in writing); all aspects of highway/roadway design from preliminary schematic through PS&E, assisting in developing junior roadway staff, and performing as task lead on projects.
- Performing as a project engineer or task leader on transportation planning and PS&E projects.
- Preparing geometric analysis & calculations in support of designs and establishing design criteria, methods, practices, and procedures.
- Assisting in developing design engineers.
- Producing quality highway/roadway design services.
- Assisting with project pursuits.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (BSCE) minimum.
- PE license in Texas or ability to obtain in 6 months.
- Minimum of 8 years of highway / roadway design experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- TxDOT Precertification preferred.
- Ability to lead and work collaboratively within a design team on multiple assignments.
- Proficiency in Microstation and Geopak (OpenRoads 3D modelling tools a plus). Ability to use conventional design software, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top