The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future—join us!
Our service areas include sustainability planning, green building certifications, performance engineering, and health and wellbeing. We work with public and private sector clients in the community development, commercial, health care, education, institutional and airport sectors in communities across Alberta and around the world.
We are seeking a highly motivated consulting professional with specialized expertise in integrated design, green building, and sustainable urban development. You will be advising on all aspects of a building’s certification process and making recommendations to assist with the design and implementation of sustainability principles. At times, you may make presentations on building performance rating tools. You will also be responsible for preparing the necessary paperwork for certification.
The successful candidate will contribute technically to our team’s existing portfolio of existing sustainability projects and will also contribute to community scale and resource management consulting assignments.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Work with the Sustainability Consultant and project team to develop a project-appropriate sustainability strategy.
- Evaluate and track sustainability measures (e.g. LEED credits) implemented on projects.
- Communicate sustainability requirements and obligations to other team members.
- Help to document submittal for submission to the “green” building certification body (e.g. CaGBC, BOMA, etc.).
- Review project documents (drawings, specifications, product submittals) for compliance with certification requirements.
- Write reports communicating certification and energy analysis findings, and design recommendations for improved building performance.
- Prepare and coordinate documentation required for certification.
- Conducting research and technical analysis, as required, for projects and reporting on findings.
- Preparing quality client deliverables in a timely and profitable manner.
- Execute projects to meet client expectations.
- Interpret trends and statistics.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to clients and/or design teams.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding verbal communication skills with the ability to deliver persuasive and compelling presentations.
- Strong technical report writing and proposal development skills.
- Ability to think broadly across several focus areas and bring together an optimized solution.
- Analytical thinking to draw sensible conclusions from own work and communicate these clearly to others.
- Detailed knowledge of the LEED rating systems and / or other sustainability rating system programs including BOMA Best, WELL and Fitwell.
- Working knowledge of sustainable design and alternative energy strategies for buildings and communities.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in sustainability, green development, Engineering or Architecture or related field. Minimum of 2-5 years of green building certification work experience. Knowledge of building codes, standards and protocols referenced in LEED and other sustainability standards (such as ASHRAE). Those with Green Building Rating/Certification credentials such as LEED AP, WELL P and Passive House, are strongly preferred.
- This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Jon H.Operations Director
Jon is responsible for growing Stantec in the northwest region of the United Kingdom and leading and guiding the team in this area.
Back to top