- Chicago, IL
Join a team that has been partnering with our clients for more than 100 years to improve the quality of life around the world. When it comes to hydropower, dams, locks and navigation projects, we design with the next generation in mind. We operate with the strength of a $3B company paired with the agility of a specialized waterpower and dams group, to deliver some of the most iconic and cutting edge projects around the world. This proud legacy has fostered a culture of innovation and safety, leading our team to design the world’s most impactful waterpower and dam projects—projects vital to both local and global communities.
As an Intern, you will work in a team environment and have exposure to water infrastructure projects which may include hydropower, water and wastewater plants, pump stations, water supply, distribution, etc. Candidates should be highly motivated and dependable students who are taking or have taken water resources type courses. This is a terrific opportunity for a college student to support a number of exciting local and international projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in project administration including writing reports, gathering information, drafting proposals, drafting correspondence, tracking project costs, and completing progress reports.
- Assisting technical staff with various project tasks, including researching, compiling and evaluating project data, preparing reports and performing calculations for water and wastewater treatment projects and/or sewer or tunnel design projects.
- Performing simple calculations, computer data entry, along with some exposure to CAD, GIS, design and cross-training.
- Performing research and contacting vendors for information.
- Complete other engineering/administrative duties as required.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- In progress towards earning a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Environmental, Civil, Structural, Geotechnical, Hydraulic, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and take direction
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations, policies, and programs, are a plus
Back to top