- Calgary, Canada
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future—join us!
Your Key Responsibilities
- The preparation of contract drawings, schedules, details and sketches from conceptual design, through tender to construction
- Ensure Revit, CAD Standards, Quality Assurance and Quality Control procedures are followed during drawing planning and production
- Meet project time lines
- Influence and assist in developing and meeting project budgets
- Coordinate project requirements with the design team
- Mentor and support junior and intermediate members of the production team
- Support Construction Administration personnel including field reviews and co-ordination, review and issuance of change orders, clarifications and RFI responses on an occasional or as required basis
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Excellent communication skills with colleagues and staff, a "team player" approach to work and problem solving
- Ability to successfully carry out assignments on project design teams, including drawing and document checking for accuracy, client standards as well as inter-disciplinary coordination
- Solid understanding of structural engineering and architectural aspects of buildings
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively when managing multiple tasks
Education and Experience
- Buildings Technology Diploma from a recognized technical school (preferably focusing on Structural Engineering Technology)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in drafting and design of buildings related projects including commercial, institutional, and industrial
- Experience working with the National Building Codes
- Experience and knowledge with recent and current versions of Revit and AutoCAD
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top