Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We’re a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec's Lynnwood, WA office is currently seeking a Staff Geologist to join our Environmental Services Group.
Your Key Responsibilities
- This position will be approximately 75% office work and 25% field work. The office is in Lynnwood, Washington and may require occasional visits to the Bellevue office.
- Assist with the implementation and management of EPA brownfield projects.
- Work will be conducted under the supervision of a project manager.
- Preparing project deliverables including Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments, quarterly progress reports, work plans, sampling and analysis plans, in whole or in part, depending on the size and complexity of the document.
- Participate in proposal preparation (work scope, task-level budgeting, cost estimates), may perform calculations, gather or review information, or prepare standard sections of proposals.
- Developing tables and figures using analytical data and topographic / site maps.
- Responsible for coordinating with subcontractors (such as analytical laboratories, private locators, and drillers) while performing office assignments.
- Periodic field work may be required, including Phase I ESA site visits, ground water sampling, environmental drilling, and windshield surveys.
- Experience with construction oversight, remediation system operation and maintenance activities a plus, but not required.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- GIS experience a plus.
- Position requires strict adherence to health and safety procedures, attention to detail, good work ethic, and a passion for high quality workmanship.
- Candidate must have excellent communication and organizational skills, combined with the ability and flexibility to work in a dynamic, challenging and fast paced environment.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required.
- OSHA 40-hour training preferred with subsequent annual refreshers. - Prior to employment with Stantec a successful passing of a physical and drug/alcohol screen will be required.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to use hands to operate field equipment.
- Ability to wear a respirator as required.
- Work at remote sites around construction equipment, drilling rigs and environmental contamination.
- May be subject to periods of extreme heat and cold and other environmental conditions such as wind, rain, and humidity.
Education and Experience
- A BS in Geology, Engineering, Environmental Sciences or related Earth Sciences.
- Preferred Washington State Licensed Geologist or the ability to the complete the licensing requirements within 1 year of hire date.
- 5+ years of solid field experience (soil borings, well installations, multi-media sampling).
- This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
- Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Locations: Lynnwood, Washington