Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We’re a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec's Thousand Oaks, CA office is currently seeking a Staff Geologist to join our Environmental Services Group.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Performing task management for sites undergoing assessment and/or active remediation.
- Scheduling, scoping, and budgeting.
- Drafting technical reports including data entry/validation, figure preparation, and QA/QC.
- Coordinating with subcontractors.
- Field work will be required, including groundwater sampling, drilling, soil logging, sample collection, and construction oversight.
- Work will be conducted under the supervision of a project manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Ability to travel for extended field work.
- Position requires strict adherence to health and safety procedures, attention to detail, good work ethic, and a passion for high quality workmanship.
- Candidate must have excellent communication and organizational skills, combined with the ability and flexibility to work in a dynamic, challenging and fast paced environment.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required.
- OSHA 40-hour training preferred.
- Prior to employment with Stantec a successful passing of a physical and/or drug & alcohol screen will be required.
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor's degree in Geology or Civil Engineering.
- 1-3 year’s related experience preferred.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Location: Thousand Oaks, California