Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We’re a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec’s Information Services functions as part of Environmental Services and provides data management and reporting capabilities. Our Waterloo, ON team is looking for a Software Developer.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Building advanced queries and stored procedures in Microsoft SQL Server
- Development and maintenance of software applications primarily in Microsoft .Net using Microsoft SQL Server and Access databases
- Creating and maintaining documentation
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Excellent English language written and verbal communication skills
- Experience creating cross platform responsive web sites
The following would be considered assets:
- Mobile application development experience
- Environmental, chemistry or GIS related education and/or experience
- Experience with jQuery, OpenLayers, MapServer and RESTful Services
- Advanced Microsoft Office use including form building, VBA and SharePoint
- Familiar with MVC, Entity Framework, Subversion, and Git
- Experience working with virtualized development and production environments
Education and Experience
- A relevant university degree or technical diploma
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience developing applications using Microsoft .Net C# or VB.Net
- At least 2 years of experience working with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or higher
*Please note that the successful candidate will be required to undergo a criminal record check.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Jon H.Operations Director
Jon is responsible for growing Stantec in the northwest region of the United Kingdom and leading and guiding the team in this area.
Back to top