- Calgary, Canada
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that works behind the scenes to support operational excellence. Our functional services teams (FSTs) provide services to 22,000 employees in over 400 locations worldwide. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our FSTs are vital to making our Company stronger. Explore opportunities in Information Technology Services.
- We have an exciting opportunity for a contract Software Developer in our Calgary, AB office.
- We are looking for an individual that is motivated, talented, and committed to enhancing individual, team, and company performance.
- This role is an eight (8) month contract with the possibility for extension or conversion to permanent employment.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Documenting the types and structure of the data as well as mapping and tracing data from system to system to solve a given business or system problem Manage data integration from different sources into the database and apply QC/QA processes
- Develop flowcharts, layouts, and documentation to identify requirements and solutions
- Write well-designed, testable code
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively
- Demonstrated understanding of projects from the perspective of both client and business
- Good communication skills (both oral and written)
- Experience with Microsoft Azure is an asset
- Experience of FME desktop and Server an asset
- Experience of Tensorflow as an asset
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or GIS related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in database development and/or software development
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with SQL Server, T-SQL, and Microsoft Business Intelligence Tools
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Back to top