Senior Project Manager
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving—whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
An opportunity exists with Stantec as a Senior Transportation Project Manager in our Dallas office. We are seeking a highly-motivated person who will work closely with the Stantec’s leadership on the pursuit, planning and development of transportation infrastructure including major arterials, complex limited access highways, and tolled facilities throughout Texas, and support projects within the US South Central Region (Texas, Oklahoma and Arkansas).
The position's qualifications include the ability to communicate effectively in English (verbally and in writing); strong project management expertise; ability to lead and develop junior roadway staff; a thorough understanding of transportation design and the ability to develop client relationships.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Performing as a project manager or task leader on transportation planning and PS&E projects.
- Leading and developing technical design team leaders.
- Monitoring the quality of design and technical services delivered by the design teams.
- Monitoring resource needs to ensure effective utilization.
- Performing as a senior technical lead in the development of concepts, studies and design development.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Assisting with project pursuits and proposal preparation.
- Assisting with client development.
- Performing Independent Reviews of major projects.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (BSCE) minimum.
- PE license in Texas or ability to obtain in 6 months.
- Minimum of 15 years of highway transportation planning and/or design experience.
- Experience in project management, planning, design and contract administration.
- Experience in project pursuits including client engagement, developing teaming strategies and developing proposals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- TxDOT Precertification preferred.
- Ability to lead a design team on multiple assignments.
- Proficiency in Microstation and Geopak and ability to use conventional design software, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Jon H.Operations Director
Jon is responsible for growing Stantec in the northwest region of the United Kingdom and leading and guiding the team in this area.
Back to top