Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Build the foundation for a lasting and successful career in geotechnical engineering by starting with a good team. When we say that we’re full-service, we mean it. You’ll find us in the office, on site and in the lab. We work indoors and out, above and below ground, over and under water, across projects large and small. From field exploration and laboratory testing to the design and construction management of complex geotechnical structures, our team does work that’s rock solid. Join our team today!
Our Edmonton geotechnical team is looking for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to fill the role of Technical Lead and Senior Technical Reviewer. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on engineering and geotechnical projects in a multi-discipline project team environment. Working in our Edmonton, Alberta head office where many of Stantec’s design projects take place, it is expected that your broad technical skills will help continue to grow the geotechnical team.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Promote a strong health and safety culture in the team
- Provide technical leadership on projects or complete quality/independent reviews of technical work on projects
- Work on a variety of small to large projects spanning from transportation, residential, commercial, and industrial developments as well as linear corridors and geohazard work
- Mentor, coach, and train less experienced professionals as required, encouraging growth and succession within the team
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- A strong technical background with a broad range of project experience spanning at least 20 years
- A broad range of direct and relevant project experience in line with the variety of projects undertaken by Stantec
- Proven ability to effectively and clearly communicate technical solutions to other team members and clients
- A strong desire to work with, mentor and coach junior staff through the technical review process, including accountability for the overall technical quality of the team’s geotechnical work and the technical development of junior staff
- Demonstrated knowledge of the consulting business and understanding the critical nature of practical value driven solutions which are not always the most technically complex
- Professional Engineer in good standing with APEGA (or be eligible within 12 months of starting)
- Understanding of multi-disciplinary design teams with experience of collaborating across projects
- Ability to thrive in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Strong technical skills are a must and experience serving on a technical board is an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team building skills are essential for the candidate to meet the expectations of this position
- Results-oriented individual who has demonstrated enthusiasm and possesses a high degree of integrity
- Strong problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability and desire to work with and contribute to a larger team
- Previous leadership or people management experience is highly desirable
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a post graduate degree in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering from a recognized university
- Minimum of 20 years’ experience in geotechnical consulting
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Melina plans out every last detail of healthcare construction projects, communicating with expert consultants in areas ranging from construction techniques and materials to finishing-touch interior choices.
Back to top