Senior CAD Designer
Strong communities don’t just happen—they’re built. They’re creatively imagined, collaboratively planned, and readied to face tomorrow with optimism. We’re driving the future of Community Development. Our experts lead their fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We’re a place where you can apply your passion—and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable.
Stantec is seeking a talented, team-focused Senior CAD Designer to join our team in Sarasota, Florida (Professional Parkway). As an integral member of the land development team, the Senior CAD Designer produces construction documents to fulfill clients’ goals. This position is also responsible to QA/QC construction documents, provide design ideas and solutions, and train or mentor other CAD Designers.
Your Key Responsibilities
Relevant basic drawing elements for this position include, but are not limited to, coordinate geometry, surfaces, corridors and utility alignments. Relevant projects may include, but are not limited to, site plans, grading and drainage plans, roadway alignment, plan and profiles, cross sections, earthwork calculations, water distribution, sanitary sewer collection systems, storm sewer design, subdivision layouts and applicable standard details.
- Produces construction documents using relevant drafting/design software.
- Demonstrates complete understanding of software and how to apply it to company procedures
- Demonstrates understanding of all horizontal/vertical design requirements.
- Organizes construction documents from beginning to end with little to minor direction.
- Performs specialized work, applying advance skills.
- Produces large scale, complex drawings.
- Demonstrates understanding of codes and regulatory requirements for design.
- Performs thorough quality control of construction documents.
- Manages deadlines and prioritizes assignments.
- Maintains file management of AutoCAD files and other documents.
- Communicates effectively with other team members.
- Trains and/or mentors CAD staff and entry-level Engineers in company procedures, CAD standards, and software.
- Identifies cautions/warnings of designs and provides immediate solutions.
- Demonstrates understanding of client, project and team requirements.
- Ensures compliance with company CAD standards within the scope of assigned projects.
- Produces simple site plan and subdivision layouts with basic direction from engineering staff.
- Proficient in cut and fill calculations.
- Calculates slopes and inverts (flow lines) of storm sewer and wastewater systems.
- Produces and completes basic utility alignments and profiles.
- Prepares layout site plans from basic concept to first draft.
- Works in conjunction with Engineer on preliminary design of site, grading, water/wastewater layout, storm sewer layout.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proficient in software skills in Civil 3D, including grading, pipes, profiles, corridors.
- Relevant software programs may include AutoCAD Civil3D, GIS, AutoTurn and Adobe Acrobat.
- Knowledge and skills required includes codes and design requirements specific to local geographic market.
- Excellent organizational and prioritizing skills.
- Keen attention to details.
- Ability to work efficiently in a high-volume, deadline-driven environment.
Education and Experience
- 10+ years’ relevant experience in relevant projects.
- Associate’s Degree in Drafting/Design or equivalent from an accredited college or technical school or equivalent experience or accreditation.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Jon H.Operations Director
Jon is responsible for growing Stantec in the northwest region of the United Kingdom and leading and guiding the team in this area.
Back to top