Senior Atmospheric Scientist/Engineer
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We’re a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec’s national Atmospheric Environment group is dedicated to helping our clients manage air quality, noise, and climate change issues professionally and proactively. Our professional engineers and scientists provide specialized services to a wide variety of sectors including industry, government, architecture, transportation and land-use planning. We offer a full suite of services including design and permitting, monitoring programs, predictive modeling, as well as planning and policy studies.
We have an immediate opening for a Senior Atmospheric Environment Specialist to join our team in our Burnaby BC office.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Managing projects; including budget control, effective task delegation, client and contractor interface, final reporting etc.
- Conducting technical analysis, modeling, and measurement.
- Providing direction, mentorship, and support to junior staff in areas of your expertise.
- Growing the atmospheric environment service area, including technical expertise, business development, and client support.
- Collaborate with the National Atmospheric Environment Team to leverage expertise from other offices and foster an efficient national team presence.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision and in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience in providing supervision and mentorship to junior staff. - Demonstrated ability to obtain new clientele.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including both oral and written presentation skills.
- Experience with managing medium to large projects in a consulting environment.
- Proven experience in successfully dealing with regulatory agencies on behalf of clients.
- Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) in British Columbia or equivalent eligibility would be an asset
One or more of the following:
- Regional Modeling: scoping, execution and analysis.
- Environment Impact Assessment and Permitting: scoping, execution and analysis.
- Advanced air quality modeling knowledge for AERMOD and CALPUFF. - Experience with MM5, CMAQ,WRF, and SMOKE.
- Numerical analysis skills, including programming and troubleshooting (i.e. UNIX/LINUX).
- Knowledge of acoustical theory, field measurement and monitoring of sound and vibration including ambient/baseline sound surveys would be an asset.
- Familiarity with the use of a variety of sound and vibration measurement instruments and modeling software (e.g., CADNA/A, TNM, STAMSON, etc.) would be an asset. Additional Notes:
- A valid driver’s license is require
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 10-15 years’ experience working with key aspects of the Atmospheric Environment.
- Post-graduate degree in engineering, physics or relevant science is preferred. - Strong understanding of air and noise regulatory requirements and guidelines for BC and Canada.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top