The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future—join us!
Your Key Responsibilities
- Involved with business development, marketing and procurement strategies for project opportunities.
- Participate and collaborate in the leadership and growth of the practice.
- Collaborate with team projects through all stages including programming, design phases and contract.
- Resolve complex technical and design issues.
- Generate planning and detailed design layout.
- Assist in coordination and communication with stakeholders, consultants, design and technical team members.
- Work with consultants, contractors, fabricators, specification writers, and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives.
- Support technical tools used by the Team, including AutoCAD and Revit.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong knowledge of Revit preferred.
- Strong communication and relationship management skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong graphic presentation skills.
- Strong understanding of the relation between the National Building Code and detailing.
- Experience in Contract Administration is an asset.
Education and Experience
- Degree in Architecture; AAA or other Canadian Provincial registration as Architect is mandatory.
- Minimum 10 years of design and building detailing experience.
If balancing a rewarding career with a healthy lifestyle outside the workplace is important to you, consider Red Deer, Alberta. Red Deer offers the same first-class amenities that you would expect from a large city in a community that maintains the spirit, values, and warmth of a small town. Build your career AND enjoy your life. Red Deer. Please note that we will consider a relocation package for the right candidate.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.