Regulatory Compliance Specialist
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We’re a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec's San Francisco, CA office is currently seeking a Regulatory Compliance Specialist to join our Environmental Services Group.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Performing project management and health, safety and environmental consulting services for a variety of clients (including industrial/manufacturing companies); mentoring less experienced staff; client management services for existing clients; sales of additional Stantec services to existing and new clients. Successful candidates will possess advanced technical skills, knowledge, effective oral and written communication skills including presentation, and public speaking skills.
- Candidates should have knowledge in and experience with federal, state and local regulations affecting industrial and manufacturing facilities, and other regulated entities.
- Hands-on implementation of regulatory compliance and permitting programs, such as: hazard communication, hazardous materials and hazardous waste management, occupational safety risk assessments, fire and life safety compliance assessments, hazardous materials shipment (as per DOT and IATA), waste programs, and local agency programs.
- Experience in California is preferred.
- Experience with storm water management requirements, QISP certification preferred, but not required.
- Strong understanding of state and federal environmental and safety regulations. The ideal candidate shall be familiar with California regulatory jurisdictions and major regulations.
- Ability to develop effective written compliance programs for various federal and state regulatory drivers. Experience with ISO and international frameworks is preferred, ideal candidates should be familiar with the ISO 9000 quality series, the ISO 14000 environmental series, and OHSAS 18000 safety series.
- Recent history of auditing compliance activities at a wide variety of operational facilities.
- Ability to understand client needs related to compliance management and to develop compliance management solutions.
- Must have experience coordinating or managing environmental permitting, assessment and/or compliance requirements as they pertain to public and private industrial facilities, including: fuel oil terminals; vehicle maintenance facilities; airports; and semiconductor, glass, and cement manufacturing facilities.
- Development and delivery of training coursework related to regulatory compliance issues.
- Other desirable experience includes specialized fields such as radiation safety, laser safety, robotics safety, construction safety, etc.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Advanced knowledge and use of business application software and technology experience.
- Excellent writing and report preparation skills.
- Light to moderate travel may be required.
- Must have a good driving record and valid drivers license.
- Prior to employment with Stantec, this position will require the successful completion of a physical and/or drug & alcohol screen.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in civil, mechanical, environmental, chemical engineering, or related field, required.
- Candidates with demonstrated applicable 10 years of experience will be considered, in lieu of a degree.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Jon H.Operations Director
Jon is responsible for growing Stantec in the northwest region of the United Kingdom and leading and guiding the team in this area.
Back to top